Windows 10: Question about Task Manager

Discus and support Question about Task Manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 7, not this cursed windows 10, if I crtl alt delete I would be brought to the same screen as Windows 10. The difference is if I clicked on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OopsIbrokeit, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Question about Task Manager

In Windows 7, not this cursed windows 10, if I crtl alt delete I would be brought to the same screen as Windows 10. The difference is if I clicked on the Task Manager it would start the Task Manager even if program had caused a hard crashed. Windows 10 does not do that. Can someone please tell me how get Task Manager in Windows 10 to run. (Clarification, hopefully, Fallout New Vegas crashes I start the Task Manager through the screen but I still can not end the program because it has the focus.)

:)

OopsIbrokeit, Jul 20, 2019

2. task manager

Hi Rebecca,

We'd like to know more information about this Task Manager issue you're experiencing. For us to better assist and isolate this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get any error messages?
    • When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Screwed up Task Manager

So somehow or another I was fuckin around with Task Manager trying to get a program to close and managed to make it turn into the sceenshot you see below.

Question is, how do i fix it?

Question about Task Manager [​IMG]

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 20, 2019
  4. dotmarty Win User

Question about Task Manager

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Question about Task Manager

1. Question about Task Manager - Similar Threads - Question Task Manager

2. 3 questions about Disk Management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 questions about Disk Management.: 1. What will happen if I delete the free space?2. How can I move the free space to C Drive?3. How can I convert E to a Primary Partition?Note: Free Space = Whatever is shown in the photo....
  3. Task Manager CPU Usage Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager CPU Usage Question: Sometimes, when my computer slows down tremendously, and I open the Task Manager to try and see what process is causing the problem, the CPU usage reading at the top is showing something like 85%. But all the entries in that column are showing 0%. How do I determine what...
  4. Question on task manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question on task manager: So I may be tripping but I recently found out about task manager and check it often, I find everything to be good except an application saying “Your Phone (2)” I click on it and it says Runtime broker, and Your Phone. I’m aware of what the application is, basically linking...
  5. General 2016 Outlook question....Task manager "My Tasks"

in Microsoft Office and 365
    General 2016 Outlook question....Task manager "My Tasks": TenForums brain trust- So happy to have found this forum as I have had all these "little" questions about Outlook 2016 that are driving me nuts so hopefully you all can help me out. Here's the first one....... When looking at my Tasks (see attached pic), in the upper left...
  6. Question about my USB Ports and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about my USB Ports and Device Manager: According to my motherboard documentation I'm suppose to have 6 USB 3.0 ports and 8 USB 2.0 ports. When I look at my device manager for my USB ports it shows the following below. Universal Serial Bus Controllers Generic USB Hub Generic USB Hub Standard Enhanced PCI to USB...
  7. Question about two processes in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about two processes in task manager: Updated Windows 10 awhile, and while scrolling through my task manager to end several resource intensive processes, I found two processes I've never seen before and would like to know if these are indeed legitimate, or if they might be a virus of some kind or if it may cause...
  8. Task Manager Startup Category Question

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Manager Startup Category Question: Hello Microsoft Community, When I go to Task Manager, and then Startup, how do I know what is safe to disable? I am attempting to make my computer faster by limiting startup programs. Thanks....
  9. 2 questions about event manager errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 questions about event manager errors: In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name...
  10. Task Manager questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager questions: In previous Windows versions the Task Manager had several tabs, for applications to memory usage. It now only has running applications. What happened to the other tabs? Where can they be seen? Thank you for your help. 49078