Windows 10: Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior

Discus and support Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend with his elderly grandmother who has had several strokes and lost mobility on her dominant side. I'm very anti Apple but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wattywatty13, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior

I'm trying to help a friend with his elderly grandmother who has had several strokes and lost mobility on her dominant side. I'm very anti Apple but recognize the idiot proof value of an iPad for a senior but of course she won't learn one and insists she have access to her email. The problem we're constantly fighting is she will, from what we can tell try to click the taskbar icon for Edge. End up right clicking and then keep clicking and end up removing the edge icon from her Taskbar. This happens with her Skype too. Wondering if anyone knows of a registry edit or something that would make it impossible to unpin these apps from the taskbar. I recognize it's a long shot but certainly using TeamViewer to log in every day to help her into her email is getting old!

submitted by /u/wattywatty13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wattywatty13, Jul 15, 2020

2. PEOPLE app is disappeared from the Taskbar and how to get it back on the Taskbar?

Hi Dale,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to Repin the People app to the Taskbar and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type People in the search bar.
    • Right click on the People and select Pin to Taskbar option.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Moving the taskbar

Hi Kim,

You can customize your taskbar to pin your favorite apps to it, move it to where you want to display on your screen, and specify how taskbar buttons group together when you have more than one window open. To address your question, we suggest
    that you follow these steps on how to move your taskbar to a different location on the screen:

• Open Settings and choose Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar.
    • Under Taskbar location on the screen, click the drop-down menu and select
      Bottom.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior

1. Question About Taskbar Apps for A Senior - Similar Threads - Question Taskbar Apps

2. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  3. Question about the authenticator app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about the authenticator app: Is there a way to only use microsoft authenticator only after I have been inactive or logged out or turn it off? It gets in the way of business and work hours when it gets busy and I need to stop everything to authenticate once again. It is unacceptable in my opinion and also...
  4. Question about the authenticator app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  6. Question about Microsoft apps

Question about Microsoft apps: Do I need to activate my windows to get access to Microsoft applications like Microsoft store? I'm just curious because I don't seem to have it on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-apps/60f1ef94-f1d2-4d03-81ca-d080e17501e8
  7. Question about Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Question about Taskbar expansion and minimization customization

Question about Taskbar expansion and minimization customization: I noticed earlier that Microsoft Security Essentials in my taskbar in the lower right was missing. So I messed around in it and now can't get it back to where the icons were kept in an expansion area. I'm not really sure how to describe this except to say that after messing...
  9. Question about the taskbar?

Question about the taskbar?: Hey, I'm adjusting my taskbar. I just want these four symbols displayed there. Problem: The arrow above doesn't go away because there are some other programs hiding behind it. How do I get rid of them? I got rid of all but one: Windows Security, Macrium Reflect, Avira and...
  10. Question About Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question About Photos App: Hello! I’ve been using the Windows 10 Photos app to import photos from my phone since I got my laptop three years ago. It has a lot of very important photos on it, and I’d like to upload them to Google Photos to back them up and make sure I can access them if my laptop ever...