Windows 10: Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data.

Discus and support Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Totally randomly my PC hit me with the Windows 10 Automatic repair screen. Not the end of the world, but I want to see if I can recover my files. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/safemath, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data.

Totally randomly my PC hit me with the Windows 10 Automatic repair screen. Not the end of the world, but I want to see if I can recover my files.

I tried Advanced Options> Uninstall Updates and System Restore (neither worked, the updates could not be reversed and the System Restore had no restore points). The only other option that seemed non-destructive was changing my Start-up settings, and tried to boot in Safe Mode, but that didn't work and it just took me back to the Automatic Repair screen.

Any advice?

Could I not just pop out my hard drives and put them in a new machine? Any way to recover the data? I do happen to have a Windows 10 USB boot drive, but would that not destroy my saves?

submitted by /u/safemath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/safemath, Mar 13, 2021

2. Blue Screen Automatic Repair does Not Work

I need help recovering from a blue screen crash in windows 10. Automatic repair does not work. Any help wound be greatly appreciated. Neal

Neal Dawson, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data.

How to get past blue Automatic Repair screen and into my PC?

Hi Ed,

Let us try resolving your concern with the blue Automatic Repair screen issue. We suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data.

1. Question about the blue Windows 10 Automatic Repair screen and recovering my data. - Similar Threads - Question blue Automatic

2. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  3. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about repairing Windows 10: Both mom and I have older Windows 10 computers. Recently, something happened to mom's computer and it won't boot anymore. We don't know if it's because the BIOS got messed up or if Windows 10 got messed up. I've asked Dell about the BIOS since they are the manufacturers of...
  4. Question about repairing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen: Automatic Repair: Hi so I’ve been having an issue and have been stuck on the Automatic Repair screen. I’ve been watching some videos on how to fix it but always get stuck. The 1 thing that I always get stuck on and it’s that I don’t remember the account password I used for the pc I’m currently...
  6. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen: Automatic Repair: Hi so I’ve been having an issue and have been stuck on the Automatic Repair screen. I’ve been watching some videos on how to fix it but always get stuck. The 1 thing that I always get stuck on and it’s that I don’t remember the account password I used for the pc I’m currently...
  7. Blue screen: Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Blue screen in automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen in automatic repair: I installed an update for Windows 10, and started my laptop. It bluescreened, and since has been in a loop of turning on, loading screen, blue screen, blue screen completeing, turing on, loading screen, blue screen, turn off, on again, ad nauseam. I have forced it to enter...
  9. Automatic repair blue screen

Automatic repair blue screen: [IMG]hi, this screen keeps coming up everytime I turn on my PC and I've tried everything to try and get past it but nothing is working! I've even tried restoring my PC back to factory setting and it said it was unable to change anything. Can someone please help I'm getting...
  10. Blue Screen, Automatic Repair

Blue Screen, Automatic Repair: I restarted my Laptop after resetting it then it went to a blue screen “error 0x000021a” and then restarting over and over again. When restarting it displays the Dell logo and underneath is “Preparing Automatic Repair,” “Diagnosing Your PC,” “Repairing disk errors...” and...