Windows 10: Question about the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Question about the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A new game called the Outer Worlds will be released next week on only the Epic Store and the Microsoft store. I'm thinking of buying it on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JenrasGomes, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Question about the Microsoft Store

A new game called the Outer Worlds will be released next week on only the Epic Store and the Microsoft store. I'm thinking of buying it on the Microsoft store because I don't want to support Epic, but I've heard some concerning things about the Microsoft store and I want to ask if it is true and how the experiences of the people here with the Microsoft store are.

I've heard games you buy in the Microsoft store are so encrypted you can't move them to another drive. Does this mean you can only install them on the default drive, for example C, or can you choose another drive such as D during the installation? I was also wondering if mods are possible with games from the Microsoft store. If the files are really encrypted, wouldn't it be impossible to install mods for the game?

I'd also like to hear experiences people have with buying and playing games from the Microsoft store and if there are important things I need to take into consideration.

:)

JenrasGomes, Oct 21, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Error with Microsoft Store

Hi RafayShabbir,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

Let me make it up to you by giving you the best resolution for your concern with your Microsoft store.

Step 1: Reset the Microsoft Store cache

• Press Win + S. This will open Windows search bar.
    • Type “cmd”, and then simultaneously press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter key”.
    • Click on the Yes button.
    • Then type in “Wsreset” and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Step 2: Run app troubleshooter

• In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on view all and select Windows store app troubleshooter.
    • Click next and follow the instruction.

Note: Once after the inbuilt
    troubleshooter complete, I suggest you to restart the computer.

Steps 3: Install Windows update

• Press Windows key from the keyboard and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 21, 2019
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Question about the Microsoft Store

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Question about the Microsoft Store

1. Question about the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft Store

2. A question about Microsoft store app icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft store app icons.: Hello everyone!Does anyone have any idea how to change the icon of any app from the Microsoft store e.g. Whatsapp? Even making a shortcut on the desktop, changing its icon, and pinning it to the start menu doesn't work - the icon still remains the default.Can someone tell me...
  3. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  4. A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A question about Microsoft Store and Windows Spotlight: I have read that in order for the Windows Spotlight feature to work properly, Microsoft Store must be enabled in the Background Apps settings. However, I have had it set to "off" for months now and the Windows Spotlight feature seems to work fine.Should I allow the Microsoft...
  5. question about microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    question about microsoft store: why did you build the Microsoft store? We could just use the website to download apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-store/f024450e-425d-4136-889c-4d9517b09193
  6. question about microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about microsoft store: why did you build the Microsoft store? We could just use the website to download apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-microsoft-store/f024450e-425d-4136-889c-4d9517b09193
  7. question about microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Question about the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the Microsoft Store: Hi everybody Is there a way to check the status of a update when a app/game is updating? In my case a game called sea of thieves. Any help would be apricated...
  9. Question about buying games in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Question about buying games in Microsoft Store: Dear Microsoft! I never bought any games via Microsoft store before and I have two question. For example I want to buy Forza Horizon 3 for PC; in the store page, there are 3 options: - FH3 Deluxe edition - shown, but not avialable?! - FH3 Standard - FH3 Ultimate edition...
  10. Basic question about microsoft store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Basic question about microsoft store: If I login in microsoft store, is going to be only for the store or for the whole system? submitted by /u/Chuil01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ervu3c/basic_question_about_microsoft_store/