Windows 10: Question about the MSERT scanner

Discus and support Question about the MSERT scanner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a question about the MSERT scanner. It works fine, but during the scan it says "files infected: 4" and when the scan is finished it says there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HappyWunjo, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Question about the MSERT scanner

I have a question about the MSERT scanner. It works fine, but during the scan it says "files infected: 4" and when the scan is finished it says there are no threats found. The log also says no threats found. How is that possible? What are these 4 infected files during the scan?

:)

HappyWunjo, Nov 14, 2021

2. Trojan detected by msert

Hi. I runned Microsoft Scanner (msert) and after a while the result was: "TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod → Partially eliminated."

I have Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. How can I totally remove this Trojan? Thanks in advance.

Dr. RafaelGarcia Rosas, Nov 14, 2021
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Nov 14, 2021
  4. bobkn Win User

Question about the MSERT scanner

bobkn, Nov 14, 2021
Thema:

Question about the MSERT scanner

1. Question about the MSERT scanner - Similar Threads - Question MSERT scanner

2. MSERT Scanner Found - regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSERT Scanner Found - regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows...: My question is after doing a full scan today the same issue was found. The initial scan report was from November 8, 2023 and I waited to see if there was anything else that would help with this issue. My fear is that they disabled spyware, and if my computer has been edited...
  3. MSERT Scanner Found - regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSERT Scanner Found - regkeyvalue://hklm\software\microsoft\windows...: My question is after doing a full scan today the same issue was found. The initial scan report was from November 8, 2023 and I waited to see if there was anything else that would help with this issue. My fear is that they disabled spyware, and if my computer has been edited...
  4. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  5. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT: Hello all! I have an HP Omen desktop with Win10 Home and my OS Build is 19045.2673. There appears to be a problem with the latest builds of Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT 64 and 32 bit. I have downloaded this several times today and each time I try to open it I get this error...
  6. Problem With Microsoft Safety Scanner MSERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  8. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.: Over the past year or so, running a Full Scan with the current at the time Microsoft Safety Scanner / msert has sometimes taken about 1 1/2 hours up to 60 hours and times in between, based on info in C:\Windows\debug\mrt.log and msert.log as well as what I've observed. My...
  9. Microsoft Safety Scanner msert run-times.

10. MSERT Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSERT Safety Scanner: Why would the MSERT Safety Scanner full scan show 59 files infected while scanning but ends with no files were infected and displays a green shield? I've ran Defender, McAfee Trend Micro and other virus programs, all reporting no infections....