Windows 10: Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

Discus and support Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mcd73165, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Mcd73165 Win User

Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop and a HP Laptop computer both with Windows 10 1909. Thanks in advance for any replies.
    Mark

:)

Mcd73165, Mar 2, 2020

2. Edge Chromium

I keep hearing that the new Edge browser is Chromium-based. So why doesn'y new computer have it?

GarrettLang, Mar 2, 2020
  3. LEOPEVA64 Win User
    Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

No, and maybe there are not going to be any more leaked versions, I think Microsoft has already taken steps so that there are no more leaks:

Microsoft’s new Chromium Edge browser leaked online.

Although you never know, suddenly someone else will appear to leak the new versions or maybe Microsoft will decide to release the first official build these days.

LEOPEVA64, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Lentha Q Win User

Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser - Similar Threads - Question Chromium based

2. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  3. Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium based browsers: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION: Hi, I have been having this issue and it's really getting frustrating for me. It's a really stubborn problem. Things I've tried: 1. Updating Chrome 2. Renaming chrome.exe to something else 3. Clearing cache and cookies 4. Disabling steam running on startup (apparently this...
  4. Edge Chromium questions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium questions: I am still running Google Chrome and was always wondering if it is worth to switch? I know that the new Edge runs under Chromium, but is Google Chrome still better than Edge Chromium? Google Chrome's usage statistics beats most web browsers, so would this mean that it is...
  5. Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium: I'm running Windows 10_19041_331_pro_en_us_x64 with the latest edge chromium. I noticed that I can't run netflix through my browser at 1080p if Windows Firewall is disabled(I use my own firewall). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for that problem other than turning...
  6. Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Opinion On New Chromium Edge Browser: Hi All, I just thought I'd ask the question for those of us that are actually using the new chromium edge browser, how are you feeling about it by now ? I'm using the latest 'canary' build, at least for me it seems to be steadily improving. I seem to find myself using chrome...
  7. Chromium Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Chromium Edge browser?: When will Chromium Edge be rolling out to general users? Will Chromium Edge be preinstalled on future releases of Windows 10? Read several reviews on this new Edge and looks promising. Just don’t want to keep installing Chrome every time I install Windows. So really my...
  8. Edge based on Chromium?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge based on Chromium?: When will Windows 10 have the Edge based on Chromium? Can users who are running the current builds of Win10 can at least test it or will we have to wait after a newer build will be released? 125918
  9. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...