Windows 10: Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

Discus and support Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spoonybends, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous.

That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two profiles (work and personal):

When I start up Edge from my laptop, it will ALWAYS open a personal-profile window (this is nice. I want this to happen). Whereas my desktop will open a window with whatever my last-used profile was (this is less nice. I do not want this)

Both machines have Edge pinned to the taskbar, but on my laptop, the icon has my personal profile pic imposed on it, while on my desktop machine the Edge icon is clean without any profile pic on it. Also, I can right-click on the icon and open a new (in-private) window on my desktop, but on my laptop these options do not exist.

Can someone explain what's happening here?

submitted by /u/spoonybends
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spoonybends, Jun 18, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge and losing the News Feed

Hello Ruth,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What happens when you to try to load the same in other browsers excluding Edge and internet Explorer?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Have you installed any third party security application?
    Lets try with the below steps and check if he issue resolves.

Step 1: I suggest you reset the Internet explorer
    and check if it helps.

Refer: Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Step 2: I suggest you to try deleting the browsing history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps as it stores the forms, passwords, and sites you've visited.

Refer: View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental
    control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

Microsoft Edge..

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps if you are using Microsoft edge in MSN home page for changing your current location and check if it helps.

• Open edge browser login to msn.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to settings, then under “market and language” and “home location” option change your current location and check whether it shows correct.
    If you are using bing.com through edge browser then I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

• Open edge browser login to bing.com.
    • Then on the right hand side, click on gear icon.
    • Go to “region” option and click on “change your region” link.
    • Then select your country it will take your location.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

1. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles - Similar Threads - Question Microsoft Edge

2. About Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Microsoft Edge: Hello, I DON`T WANT WORK OR UPDATE MICROSOFT EDGE! THIS IS THE BIG PROBLEM FOR ME. PLEASE, HELP ME TO NOT UPDATE THIS ONE! I AM VERY SORRY,BUT I CAN`T ACCEPT THIS PROGRAM, BECAUSE OF THAT; 1. I CAN`T USE SKYPE, I CAN`T UPDATE APP STORE, WHATSAPP and on PRINCIPLE I CAN`T...
  3. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  4. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  5. A few quick question about the new Edge and mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A few quick question about the new Edge and mail: Just ran into an odd issue that I don't know the source of. I mostly just use Outlook for my email client, but since edge has a share button with fast access to the Mail app, I sometimes use that to forward fun webpages to my family. Now I haven't done this in a while, and...
  6. about microsoft edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about microsoft edge: good day. i am suppose or planning to make microsoft edge as my default browser however there is a very big problem i encountered with edge that is i cannot play msn videos normally to which i can only hear the sound without the video to see on the other hand when i go to...
  7. Question About Microsoft Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Microsoft Edge Browser: I have used Opera for my browser for some time. What I really like about it is being able to open the browser with the Speed Dial page showing. Makes it extremely easy to select where you wish to go next from the icons shown on the page, along with their titles. Is there a...
  8. Question about transfering old user profile to new.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about transfering old user profile to new.: Before I make a mess of things, I thought I had better ask. This all started because I like to use Internet Explorer. It simply would not load. I believe I tried every fix on the web. One of the suggestions was to create a new User Profile. I did that and now Internet...
  9. I have some questions about microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    I have some questions about microsoft edge: 1) Can you get the avast online security add on? 2) How do you add favorites to the favorites bar? I set a site as a favorite and it didn't get added to the favorites bar 3) Why does it freeze so often? The first time I opened edge I went to tap on a tab and nothing would...
  10. question about Edge browser version

in Windows 10 Support
    question about Edge browser version: Hi *Smile I have Windows 10 Pro for my laptop and found today that the version of my Edge browser is different with my friend's. Edge on my laptop is 20.10240.16384.0 and my friend's is 25.10586.0.0. Both computers are running up to date Windows 10 Pro and both were...