Windows 10: Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Discus and support Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time Ive done a clean install, after the Welcome Screen appears, I always immediately get a Searching for Display driver notification popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Every time Ive done a clean install, after the Welcome Screen appears, I always immediately get a Searching for Display driver notification popup saying screen resolution, performance and battery life may be reduced until a compatible driver has finished installing. The popup disappears from the screen and then sits in Notifications.
    What are you supposed to do at that point? I always close the Welcome Screen down immediately. Then I leave my PC powered on for about an hour until I can see by the lights on my router that all the background downloading activity has finished. During this time and without any input from me the drivers for my Nvidia Graphics card are automatically downloaded and installed in the background without any issues along with chipset drivers and a few other things. However, when I open notifications again, the searching for display drivers notification hasn't disappeared even though my Nvidia drivers have been automatically installed correctly and are working properly (having checked Display adaptor in Device Manager to be absolutely certain). I always have to manually delete the searching for display drivers notification or it remains listed in my Notifications. I was expecting this popup to have removed itself from Notifications as soon as Windows had downloaded and installed the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 29, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Taskbar number display of new notifications

Hi Martin,

To isolate your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What application did you download for the display number?
    Meanwhile, follow these troubleshooting steps to turn on the setting of
    Notifications & actions:

• Click the Start Menu, and then click Settings.
    • Under Settings, click System and then hit
      Notifications & actions.
    • You can now turn on the items under Notifications.
    We also suggest you to perform a clean boot.
    A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Search box not displayed correctly

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display and chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

1. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup - Similar Threads - Question Searching Display

2. Stop notification about notifications!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop notification about notifications!: So, a new irony from Microsoft Windows latest version 10 is arriving in Notifications. From time to time, there is a new notification at the task bar which informs us that Notifications are to remain quiet: "Your notifications will remain quiet here in Action Center while...
  3. windows popup notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows popup notification: After installing windows 10 pro version, I am getting nonstop popup notification saying "an app default was reset". I can't get what's going wrong. How to solve this issue? I am using third party music software KM Player. Please help asap. Thank You. I am attaching screenshot...
  4. Question about my display resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Question about my display resolution: The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't...
  5. Question about my display resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about my display resolution: The recommended and native resolution for my monitors are 1920 x 1080 one I set my display to that my icons are very small, I did try to upscale and my only choice other than 100% was 125% and that made the icons to big. Is there a way to scale between 100% and 125%? I didn't...
  6. I have 2 questions about Notification area ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have 2 questions about Notification area ?: How to remove OneDrive in Desktop trees folder while I'm turning it on or show all folders ? Even though I have deleted several times and make don't appear it into notification area too while I'm assigning as a toolbar of desktop. And how to create a shortcut of Quick...
  7. Question about Sony Vaio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Sony Vaio Drivers: I have a sony vaio SVF15213SN Laptop. Sony recently released drives for it, but they say that you have to be on windows 8.1 for the drivers to download and then you can upgrade to windows 10. But I already upgraded (did a clean install) to windows 10 enterprise when it was...
  8. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

Questions about driver troubleshooting.: If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future. [img] Any input would appreciated. 23020
  9. Question About General Drivers' Dates

Question About General Drivers' Dates: Hello, so I've noticed this a long time ago, and it's stil the case. I'm just curious to why the majority of general drivers' dates in the Device Manager are dated as: 6/21/2006 Why so old? Why hasn't there been updates to those drivers ever (since 2006)? I'm just curious...
  10. Amd display driver amdkmdap question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Amd display driver amdkmdap question: The System32 folder has atikmpag.sys 499kb dated 8/11/2016 The AMD (for Radeon R7 200) 16.12.1 downloaded yesterday with a clean install has atikmpag.sys 518 kb 12/7/2016 Since the 'clean' install was chosen from the Catalyst control panel and that routine did take place...