Windows 10: Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Discus and support Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every time Ive done a clean install, after the Welcome Screen appears, I always immediately get a Searching for Display driver notification popup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Every time Ive done a clean install, after the Welcome Screen appears, I always immediately get a Searching for Display driver notification popup saying screen resolution, performance and battery life may be reduced until a compatible driver has finished installing. The popup disappears from the screen and then sits in Notifications.
    What are you supposed to do at that point? I always close the Welcome Screen down immediately. Then I leave my PC powered on for about an hour until I can see by the lights on my router that all the background downloading activity has finished. During this time and without any input from me the drivers for my Nvidia Graphics card are automatically downloaded and installed in the background without any issues along with chipset drivers and a few other things. However, when I open notifications again, the searching for display drivers notification hasn't disappeared even though my Nvidia drivers have been automatically installed correctly and are working properly (having checked Display adaptor in Device Manager to be absolutely certain). I always have to manually delete the searching for display drivers notification or it remains listed in my Notifications. I was expecting this popup to have removed itself from Notifications as soon as Windows had downloaded and installed the drivers for my Nvidia graphics card. Am I doing something wrong?

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 29, 2019

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Taskbar number display of new notifications

Hi Martin,

To isolate your concern, kindly answer these questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • What application did you download for the display number?
    Meanwhile, follow these troubleshooting steps to turn on the setting of
    Notifications & actions:

• Click the Start Menu, and then click Settings.
    • Under Settings, click System and then hit
      Notifications & actions.
    • You can now turn on the items under Notifications.
    We also suggest you to perform a clean boot.
    A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

Search box not displayed correctly

Hi John,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display and chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup

1. Question about the Searching for Display Driver Notification/Popup - Similar Threads - Question Searching Display

2. Question about search filtering: GamePass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about search filtering: GamePass: Hello. I have MSstore and Xboxstore installed. I was currently on PC game pass I upgraded to xbox ultamate gamepass. Is there a way to perform a search filter to only show gamepass games. Is there a way to not show gamepass games. If yes How? Both MSstore and Xboxstore have...
  3. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  4. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Monitor Drivers: Hi all! Thanks for reading my post, I know this is not an issue, but I would like to know a little bit more regarding this topic.I recently purchased a new Monitor and after getting it working after a refusal to work via Display port, I got it fully functions, and it has been...
  5. Question about Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Question about Samsung display driver update

Question about Samsung display driver update: Windows update for several months now has failed to install a Samsung display driver on my Asus laptop. It always fails with the same message: Windows Update Error Encountered A current driver on your PC may be better than the driver we're trying to install. We'll keep...
  7. Question about File Explorer search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about File Explorer search: Currently, I'm on 1909. Is there a way to make it so it automatically starts searching as you type like it used to a while ago? If you don't understand what I mean, you could type in part of whatever folder or file you were looking for and as you typed out the name it would...
  8. questions about biometric drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    questions about biometric drivers: Okay, so I just got an eikon mini fingerprint reader. I plugged it in, and its driver doesn't install. When I attempt to locate a driver, I found a bunch of old and depreciated links that don't go anywhere. I would like to know if there is any generic driver that I could use...
  9. Notifications and Popups

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Popups: How can I stop Notifications and Popups https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notifications-and-popups/b116d508-32ca-46e3-b520-8d4ecde097bb
  10. Questions about driver troubleshooting.

Questions about driver troubleshooting.: If I were to say that I accidentally uninstalled one of my "PCI-to-PCI Bridge" drivers, would Windows be able to re-install them? This question is asked just in case something like this happened in the future. [img] Any input would appreciated. 23020

Users found this page by searching for:

1. searching for display driver screen resolution and performance may reduced

2. searching for display driver

3. searching display driver