Windows 10: Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909

Discus and support Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; From time to time I have either reset or reinstalled Windows 10 Home on Windows 10 DVD on my solid-state-drive to clean up my computer and start fresh.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jpolk1216, Apr 16, 2020.

1. jpolk1216 Win User

Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909

From time to time I have either reset or reinstalled Windows 10 Home on Windows 10 DVD on my solid-state-drive to clean up my computer and start fresh. I also format my attached internal hard drive discs which I use to store my files and folders. Before I format the attached hard drives, I set the sleep mode on my PC temporarily to "Never" so that the hard drives' formatting operations are uninterrupted. I have just done a reset of Windows 10. I am pretty sure that I set the Reset PC options to clear all personal files and Windows settings on both the Windows and attached drives. After the reset process was completed, Windows 10 was updated to the most current version 1909 and I created a new Microsoft account. I planned to format my hard drives. When I went to the Sleep settings to temporarily set it to "Never" before beginning the format process, I saw that the setting for Sleep was already at "Never." As far as I recall, at least with previous versions of Windows 10, whenever I went to sleep settings to make the temporary sleep mode change, the default sleep setting was 30 minutes. My understanding is regardless of whether I do a reset to keep my personal files or a reset to wipe everything, Windows 10 is supposed to have all of its features and settings returned to default. Did Microsoft make a change in the default sleep settings recently to where the sleep mode is set to "Never" or did I do something incorrectly in the Windows 10 Reset PC process?

Thanks.

:)

jpolk1216, Apr 16, 2020

2. Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

I've just installed Vista newly *Smile Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 :)

After installing this and that, I transferred my movies from external hdd
    to vista. It was gonna take a while so I left the house for some hour.

When I was back my computer was in sleep mode, (which I never used in XP)
    and I pressed this and that button and some wriggles of mouse and clicks and even pressed my power button. Soon whichever did the trick, my screen went from black to Resuming... ( or something similar)

But nothing else happened so I used my reset button on my case to
    force it to restart and got it back working.

Here are some questions :

1. During Sleep Mode, will my downloads work? Will torrents or just direct downloads from a website continue to download while in sleep mode?

2. How do I properly wake it up from sleep? I've set it up so I have to
    enter my account password but I never even got to that screen so had to reset.

Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 [​IMG]

3. If you look at the attached photo, there is "Turn off harddisk after" setting. Right now it is at default 20 minutes. Does this mean that my hdd will turn off 20 minutes after going to sleep? Or just 20 miutes of idle?

4. Lastly, if my downloads won't work during default sleep mode setting, can I change the settings shown in the screenshot to make it possible? If so what settings should I change?

Thanks for reading this long and noob questions *Smile Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 :)

spencer22l, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

Oops, sorry for the attaching lol *Smile Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 :)
    But you solved all of my questions so no matter!

But then anyways, what's the point of sleep mode then? *Confused Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 :confused:

spencer22l, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Vista Sleep Mode Setting Questions

to save power like the machine was off, but be able to wake up and resume your work without interuption.

Programs do not close in sleep mode, so you dont lose any work you had open. I've even sleeped a machine while gaming (offline ofc) and woken it up and continued playing days later.

Mussels, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about the Sleep Mode Setting on Windows 10 Home Version 1909 - Similar Threads - Question Sleep Mode

2. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  3. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  4. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Question about Power and Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Power and Sleep settings: Hi all. I was wondering if any of you know what are recommended settings for when your display and system fall asleep after a certain time of being idle. I have it set so my monitor turns off and PC sleeps after 20 minutes of being idle, but I'm not sure how much I can wait...
  6. Question about kiosk mode on windows 10

Question about kiosk mode on windows 10: Hello, I want to set up a kiosk and I wanted to know, if I make one of my existing users a kiosk will I be able to return it to normal when I remove the kiosk mode for it? Or will I need to create a new user just for kiosk in order to keep my existing user? Thanks submitted...
  7. Windows 10 Home version 1909 will not print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home version 1909 will not print: I have a dell XPS 9350 with subject specs. Also have Brother MFC 8810DW that will not print using the Dell. My wife has a MAC Workbook and she is able to print on the Brother. I get various error messages referring to the driver and Brother set up. I've had too many calls...
  8. Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 version 1909 Sleep mode getting crashing .: Windows 10 version 1909 OS BUILD 18363.592 Hello Team, I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1909 and since I cannot successfully boot from hibernate or sleep state, it always crashes and boots up from shutdown state. I used hibernate with Windows 10 Version 1903 just fine...
  9. Question about sleep mode and hibernation

Question about sleep mode and hibernation: So recently my pc has stopped going to sleep, when I press it, windows shuts down but the components inside remain on and when I press the power button to attempt to wake up my pc it doesn’t do anything. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/kumquatguava1002 [link]...
  10. Licence questions about home premium retail version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licence questions about home premium retail version: Hello I have windows 7 home premium , but apparently it is OEM, so cannot take to another machine or when I do a big upgrade. If I do the windows free upgrade to windows 10, it is still apparently tied to the computer. I was looking at buying windows 10 home premium...