Windows 10: Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine

Discus and support Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have a question about the transfer of a license of Windows 10 to a new machine I am referring to retail license, not OEM. Suppose I have ten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nicola De Ieso, May 16, 2020.

1. Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine

Hi,

I have a question about the transfer of a license of Windows 10 to a new machine I am referring to retail license, not OEM. Suppose I have ten Windows 10 licenses that I already activated on the same number of computers ten. I want to activate Windows 10 on a new computer without prior deactivation on an old computer, so I put in a product key of one of my previously activated computer. I attached my account Microsoft prior to the transfer to a new computer, so I can use the troubleshooter wizard to activate it.

If I have only license tied to my Microsoft account, it is enough to just run the activation troubleshooter and go on. But what happens if I have attached more than one license to my Microsoft account in my example ten? When I run the troubleshooter I can choose from which computer transfer the license, or I should contact Microsoft support to move my license?

Thanks.

Anyway, I think that the Microsoft account webpage should include a management of Windows 10 product key and licenses as it happens with Office 365.

:)

Nicola De Ieso, May 16, 2020

2. Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, May 16, 2020
  3. JONSAMLIT Win User
    Transfering Licenses from a non functional Machine to a New Machine.

I have several licenses for Windows 10 & Pro versions, that were utilized on machines that are no longer functioning. My question is how do I transfer these Licences to a new machine?

JONSAMLIT, May 16, 2020
  4. krimetal Win User

Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine

1. Question about transfer a Windows 10 license to a new machine - Similar Threads - Question transfer license

2. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.: Hey I have a question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard, I have an activated version of windows 10 on the pc I'm currently using but I want to switch it to a new motherboard, I have my Microsoft account linked and in the activation tab in my settings it says...
  3. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.: Hey I have a question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard, I have an activated version of windows 10 on the pc I'm currently using but I want to switch it to a new motherboard, I have my Microsoft account linked and in the activation tab in my settings it says...
  4. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. question about license transfer to another pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  6. question about license transfer to another pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  7. question about license transfer to another pc.

8. Issues with transferring windows license to new machine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with transferring windows license to new machine: Hello! I recently built a new PC, and have a digital license of windows 10 that is linked to my microsoft account. It is a retail copy obtained from upgrading from windows 7 on my last home-built pc. I have been having trouble getting my Windows 10 license over to my new PC....
  9. Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine

Windows 10 Pro License -- transferring it to a new machine: hi Some years ago, I purchased a Surface Pro 4 (SP4). Then upgraded from the Home edition to the Pro edition through the Activation settings. Now I got a new device with Windows 10 Home, and want to sell the SP4. How can I remove my Windows 10 Pro license from the SP4 and...
  10. Question about transferring license

Question about transferring license: One of my PCs, which I built myself, originally ran Windows 7, which I later updated to Windows 10 while it was still available as a free download. This PC has now reaching end of life and I'm wondering if there will be any issues using the same product key on a new computer....