Windows 10: Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard.

Discus and support Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a SkyTech pre-built with an OEM:DM key. I'm getting a new MB so I can overclock and get some better RAM. I've seen some conflicting info about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DeceptivePastry, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard.

I have a SkyTech pre-built with an OEMQuestion about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard. :DM key. I'm getting a new MB so I can overclock and get some better RAM. I've seen some conflicting info about this, but it does sound like I can transfer the key if I sign-in with my live account and tie the key to that, then add the new "device" to the account. I would prefer not to tie my Windows install to my MS account though and I'm wondering, is that the only way I can transfer an OEM key to a new motherboard, or is it possible to say call Microsoft and have them validate the key on the new hardware?

submitted by /u/DeceptivePastry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DeceptivePastry, Apr 29, 2020
  2. xlook Win User

Can I Transfer an OEM Product Key to New PC?

I built a new PC and want to install windows 8.1. For this I need to buy a product key. I was told that OEM product keys are "married" to the motherboard for life.

But lets say I install win 8.1 and use an OEM product key yo activate it. And lets say in the future I get rid of the old motherboard and install a new motherboard. Will I be able to transfer the product key to the new motherboard? Or would I need a retail product key to transfer the key to a new PC or motherboard?

xlook, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Moving OEM license to a new device

Hello

I have a question about transferring OEM licenses. Well, 2 years ago I bought a laptop with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed on board. However, I am now assembling a new computer and would like to transfer the OEM license with the key to the new equipment,
    of course completely unpinning the license from the old laptop. I know that the license key on the hardware with the pre-installed system is saved on the motherboard but I do not intend to resell or transfer my laptop to anyone else. It is possible?

galaxydroid, Apr 29, 2020
  4. B3rRyJC Win User

Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard.

Upgrading motherboard on a Pre-Built PC

I am about to upgrade my motherboard on a Pre-Built PC that has had Windows 10 installed on it ever since I bought it. Will there be any issues with that since the PC came with a Windows 10 disc and product key on the side of the case. I have heard of
    people having to buy new product keys and I was hoping I could avoid that.

B3rRyJC, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard.

1. Question about transferring Windows OEM key from pre-built to new motherboard. - Similar Threads - Question transferring OEM

2. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  3. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question about OEM Product Keys.: Hello guys,I know that this might be a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway.I am wondering about OEM Keys, hence the title of this thread. I am considering switching to blendOS, or Ubuntu. Linux Distros because I have fricked up my Windows 10 installation in...
  4. A Question about OEM Product Keys.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.: Hey I have a question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard, I have an activated version of windows 10 on the pc I'm currently using but I want to switch it to a new motherboard, I have my Microsoft account linked and in the activation tab in my settings it says...
  6. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.: Hey I have a question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard, I have an activated version of windows 10 on the pc I'm currently using but I want to switch it to a new motherboard, I have my Microsoft account linked and in the activation tab in my settings it says...
  7. Question about transferring windows 10 to a new motherboard.

8. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.: I have a new motherboard arriving in 7 days and i just want to be ready with the info i need to deactivate windows on the motherboard im using so i can use my cd key on my new motherboard. iv only heard that this is something that will need to be done and im not 100% sure...
  9. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.: I have a new motherboard arriving in 7 days and i just want to be ready with the info i need to deactivate windows on the motherboard im using so i can use my cd key on my new motherboard. iv only heard that this is something that will need to be done and im not 100% sure...
  10. Buying new motherboard and need info about transferring windows key.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer windows.key from prebuilt.to fresh install