Windows 10: Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.

Discus and support Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad online earlier this week with Windows 10 Pro. I live in the US and purchased it in the US, but for whatever reason, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xtreme2003, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.

I bought a new Lenovo ThinkPad online earlier this week with Windows 10 Pro. I live in the US and purchased it in the US, but for whatever reason, it is the en-GB version installed.

My question is: Will I still have an activated version of Windows if I upgrade using a Windows 10 iso that I already have for en-US instead of the en-GB that's installed? I don't have good internet and it's not really possible to download another iso for a different region, or deal with hours of Windows updates when I can have most of the updates installed in the upgrade. I know the license is tied to the hardware, but wasn't sure if the region matters as long as it's the same version of Windows already installed.

:)

Xtreme2003, Jul 21, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 21, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another.

1. Question about upgrading Windows 10 from one region to another. - Similar Threads - Question upgrading region

2. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  3. Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about transferring a hard drive from one computer to another.: So I was going to buy a new computer, and was wondering if I could simply take the hard drive out of my current one and put it into the new one and keep all the files on it. And no the hard drive doesn't have the OS on it, just game files....
  4. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  5. question about upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about upgrade.: If my newly bought computer is not capable to Windows 11, can I go ahead and use the ISO or update assistant? just like in OS 10 before? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-upgrade/e5d89736-7ce2-469e-8042-e1aac8ce316d
  6. Questions about upgrading/installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about upgrading/installing Windows 10: I have an unactivated version of Windows 10 Pro on my Dell laptop. How do I go about installing and activating Windows 10 Pro? I'm planning on downloading it from the Microsoft website. Will I need to restore my previous operating system, which was Windows 7? Will I lose...
  7. Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Well, Windows 7 is now at "End of Life" and I'm fighting with myself about upgrading. I mostly have some questions. 1. Will my computer, a HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower be able to handle an upgrade to Windows 10. From what I'm hearing it should accept my product key from...
  8. Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Well, Windows 7 is now at "End of Life" and I'm fighting with myself about upgrading. I mostly have some questions. 1. Will my computer, a HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower be able to handle an upgrade to Windows 10. From what I'm hearing it should accept my product key from...
  9. Question about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - license

Question about upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - license: Hello all I want to try Windows 10 and accept the free upgrade from Windows 7. If I find in a few months that I want to revert to Windows 7 permanently, is it ok to restore an old system image? I understand that I can only run a single instance of Windows on the one...
  10. Questions about upgrading to windows 10

Questions about upgrading to windows 10: Hello. I have recently heard about the windows 10 free upgrade for win7 and 8.1 genuine users. I have a few questions about that upgrade. 1. I don't have any version of windows installed on my computer, so, if I want to get the new windows 10 when it comes out, is there...