Windows 10: Question about USB Security Key

Discus and support Question about USB Security Key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I got a question about the USB Security Key feature. I'm planning to use a USB Security Key to login and logout of my PC. The question is, I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nguyễn Nhựt Chương, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Question about USB Security Key

Hi,

I got a question about the USB Security Key feature. I'm planning to use a USB Security Key to login and logout of my PC. The question is, I have to plug the USB Security Key if I want to log in, what would happen if I plugged it out while still using the PC. Will I still continue to use it or plugged out the USB will force me to be logged out?

:)

Nguyễn Nhựt Chương, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

USB-C Titan Security Keys now available in the US

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...available.html

Brink, Jul 13, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Quick question about UEFI before installing Windows 10

Make sure you have only one HD/SSD connected to your PC so temporarily disconnect the rest during installation.
    1. Disable CSM & Disable Secure boot.
    2. Find out which function key to invoke Boot Menu then boot up your PC with the Installation USB connected.
    3. Boot up your PC and keep tapping with the Function key in step 3 to display the Boot Menu.
    4. From Boot Menu, there are 2 options for Legacy(MBR) and UEFI. Select UEFI

Question about USB Security Key [​IMG]
    5. On the first screen, hold down SHIFT key and press F10, type:
      dispart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
      exit
    6. Click Next, select Customize then continue the installation

topgundcp, Jul 13, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Question about USB Security Key

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Question about USB Security Key

1. Question about USB Security Key - Similar Threads - Question USB Security

2. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  3. question about keys.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about keys.: Normally I have the function keys f6,f7,f7 to control volume but for some reason now they simply don't work, I never used to need to hold down the fn key and when I do it still doesn't work. The keys themselves are still functional. It just seems as though they do different...
  4. USB Security Keys strange question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Security Keys strange question: I have a curious question how do websites support the same security key before you need new usb security key. I mean I understand there meant to last years but I don’t see a website supporting the same security key for 30 years can you. I do understand their hack proof but I...
  5. USB Security Keys strange question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Security Keys strange question: I have a curious question how do websites support the same security key before you need new usb security key. I mean I understand there meant to last years but I don’t see a website supporting the same security key for 30 years can you. I do understand their hack proof but I...
  6. USB Security Keys strange question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  8. Question about secure boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about secure boot.: Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?...
  9. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  10. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...