Windows 10: Question about user accounts/security

Discus and support Question about user accounts/security in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ravenomega, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Question about user accounts/security

Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was the actual admin account but under my user name i noticed it says "Administrator". I use Windows 10 home and I'm the only one that uses the PC..So which is it? How should I go about this for maximum/optimal security? Is it truly not safe to be on the default account at windows creation for everyday use?

submitted by /u/ravenomega
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ravenomega, Jan 22, 2021

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Question about user accounts/security

How to Create MUlti-user Folder Security for a School Setting

Samuria,

Thanks for the suggests. A couple of comments or questions.
    1)There is no group called Everyone on my security tab
    2)is there a precedence order on the list of Users/groups on the Security tab. For example is it top to bottom or bottom up? Do individual users have precedence to groups
    3) is there a defined hierarchy to the list of. For example is Users a subset of Authenticated Users,....

Again, thanks for taking your time to respond

Jerrythesurfer, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Question about user accounts/security

1. Question about user accounts/security - Similar Threads - Question user accounts

2. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  3. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  4. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Question about secure boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about secure boot.: Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?...
  6. Question: User Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question: User Account: I have read many places that we should not use windows logged in as a Administrator. I made a new user account for myself. I am the only one using my laptop. I just want to know weather I have to keep things like this ? I feel that the admin account is just going a waste....
  7. Question about Microsoft account security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  8. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  9. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...
  10. Question about accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question about accounts: What is the DefaultAppPool account folder for? 86363