Windows 10: question about user password expiration

Discus and support question about user password expiration in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; in a enviroment where are some users in a domain, who determines if a password expires or not? the PC or LDAP? submitted by /u/acid8k [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/acid8k, May 15, 2020.

1. /u/acid8k Win User

question about user password expiration

in a enviroment where are some users in a domain, who determines if a password expires or not? the PC or LDAP?

submitted by /u/acid8k
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/acid8k, May 15, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, May 15, 2020
  3. Expired password, but never had any password??

Hello,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information regarding your password expiration issue, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Which particular account are you trying to recover your password from?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to log in? If you do, a screenshot will be appreciated.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to effectively assist you.

Lizette Ags, May 15, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

AndreTen, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. question about user password expiration - Similar Threads - question user password

2. A question about signing out of a user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about signing out of a user: So this may seem like a dumb question, but does signing out of a user remove that user’s name from the login screen? Normally I have two users available on my login screen and after selecting one I just have to enter the password. However, one has disappeared and I was...
  3. Domain users cannot reset their expired password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain users cannot reset their expired password: I found that the user in my domain that they can reset their password when the password are expired. Here the details:1 I have given the permission that users can reset their password2 User can reset the password before it expired through the alt+ctrl+del3 when the password...
  4. Domain users cannot reset their expired password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain users cannot reset their expired password: I found that the user in my domain that they can reset their password when the password are expired. Here the details:1 I have given the permission that users can reset their password2 User can reset the password before it expired through the alt+ctrl+del3 when the password...
  5. Domain users cannot reset their expired password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  7. Basic Question about User Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Question about User Permissions: Hello, I am trying to set up a second user on my laptop (Windows 10) for the first time. The idea is to give a colleague access to a single folder and its subfolders, but not its parent folders or any other folders on the machine. I have created a new user and, from the...
  8. A question about passwords

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  9. A question about passwords

in Windows 10 Support
    A question about passwords: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...
  10. hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.

in Windows 10 Support
    hiw10Want to ask question about passwords.: Me, again so soon, a different question but brought to my attention by members who answered my last thread on W10 clean install. Passwords Correct me if I am wrong, but we are supposed to have a password for every site we use. We are not supposed to write those passwords...