Windows 10: Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

Discus and support Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So I just found out about the software, Sysprep, which is used to create a generalized Windows image for deployment on multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by System76_32, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

Hello everyone,

So I just found out about the software, Sysprep, which is used to create a generalized Windows image for deployment on multiple computers.

I'd like to do this but the problem is with the third-party software I want to incorporate into the image.

I desire to include IObit's software IObit Uninstaller, Advanced SystemCare, Driver Booster, etc into the image but I don't know if this is considered

illegally republishing the software. I'm deploying this image to computers that I'm refurbishing and selling off, and not for personal use.

According to IObit's EULA it says:

Section 1. Intellectual Property Rights. ...The Product is only licensed to you, not sold. You may not reproduce, publish, transmit, modify, create derivative works from, publicly display, or publicly perform the Product.

:)

System76_32, Apr 22, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, May 23, 2020
  3. JonW2016 Win User
    Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, May 23, 2020
  4. Jerry T Win User

Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

Questions regarding sysprep and capture in MDT

I have a question regarding the sysprep and capture function in MDT 2013.

I have done a sysprep & capture on a Windows 10x64 machine with software and drivers included using MDT.

So the next step I did was to deploy the captured .iso file onto a new machine which had the usual configuration steps including setting up the computer name, timezone and keyboard layout etc and everything was start up fine and all the software and drivers were also configured & installed properly.

However, the issue is that machine's SID and computer name were completely the same as the one I ran the sysprep & capture on. Was this supposed to be like this? Because I did some research and a sysprep is supposed to change the SID as it is treated as a new machine. Also, I did configure a new computer name for the machine during the deployment setup but I have no idea why its the same name as the other machine.
    I would appreciate any answers given. Thank you.

Jerry T, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image

1. Question About Using Sysprep - Third-Party Software Inclusion Into Generalized Image - Similar Threads - Question Using Sysprep

2. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  3. Installing third party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing third party software: When trying to load TC2000 financial software I get the following errors: "Called Run Script when not marked in progress", followed by "Called Install Finalize when no install in progress". I have installed this software on Windows 10 machines with no errors. This only occurs...
  4. A QUESTION ABOUT INCOMPATIBLE THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE WHEN DOING A FULL UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A QUESTION ABOUT INCOMPATIBLE THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE WHEN DOING A FULL UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11: ABOUT THIRD-PARTY PROGRAMS: I heard somewhere that programs not compatible with Windows 11 will be uninstalled during the full upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Is this true--requiring me to check all the third-party apps I've installed for compatibility up-front--or...
  5. A QUESTION ABOUT INCOMPATIBLE THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE WHEN DOING A FULL UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11

A QUESTION ABOUT INCOMPATIBLE THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE WHEN DOING A FULL UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11: ABOUT THIRD-PARTY PROGRAMS: I heard somewhere that programs not compatible with Windows 11 will be uninstalled during the full upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10. Is this true--requiring me to check all the third-party apps I've installed for compatibility up-front--or...
  6. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  7. third party software update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    third party software update: I have a windows server 2012 standalone server and two user. one is normal user and another one is administrator user. Normal user have internet connection but administrator user have no internet access. In this situation how can I update third party software like "adobe "....
  8. questions about sysprep

questions about sysprep: I am trying to work out how to sysprep a machine before taking an image with dism and I'm running into a few questions. - when I setup this image I did not use audit mode. I thought I could work around this by setting in the unattend.xml to copy the customizations of local...
  9. Question about SYSPREP

Question about SYSPREP: Can I use sysprep and make one image for multiple PCs with different hardware and drivers. any suggestions on what to use. 120650
  10. Third party software installation

Third party software installation: My pc was working okay for alomost a year with WIndows 10 but now I have a problem on both my laptop and desktop with software not loading. I have tried loading some old software that I already have running and get the same error message required priviledge is not held...