Windows 10: ?Question about virus behavior.

Discus and support ?Question about virus behavior. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, story; I got a virus about 6 months ago[?],,around then,, I had a pro-virus program, and it found virus after virus,after virus,,,,uhh... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by zargon48, Sep 7, 2015.

1. zargon48 Win User

?Question about virus behavior.

Hi all,

story;
    I got a virus about 6 months ago[?],,around then,,
    I had a pro-virus program, and it found virus after virus,after virus,,,,uhh infected files,,,
    my question is;
    why didnt the virus program kill the "source of the virus"?
    was i helping to spread it by opening the same infected file over, and over again?[without knowing, of course]
    was that the reason my pro virus program couldn't kill it??
    it finnaly locked-up my hd, so I trashed it,,,I got mad at it!,,

PS;
    in my new win 10, I got Chrome for my browser, but it will only open if I right-click and run as admin.
    I set the browser in compatible mode to run as admin, but i still have to rt-clic to run, if I double click
    the desktop shortcut it does nothing?

Thnx!

:)

zargon48, Sep 7, 2015

2. Weird behavior on N85 - Virus??

If your phone is asking for Date and time everytime you restart the phone then it is a software issue.

You may try to reflash the software by doing the following:

- A soft reset by keying in *#7780# when on standby - This will not delete any data but will restore all the settings back to default.

If that does not help then you may wanna try doing a hard reset by keying in *#7370# when on standby - This will reformat the phone.
    DO NOT FORGET TO DO A BACK UP AS THIS WILL ERASE YOUR ENTIRE PHONE MEMORY.

The security code by default is 12345

kingpin007, Sep 7, 2015
  3. Weird behavior on N85 - Virus??

My wife and I have N85s, and have both had similar problems to what you've described. My wife got the high pitched sound on one occasion, and after disconnecting charger and reconnecting, everything worked as it should (i.e. phoned powered and
    operated as it should). On my N85, when charging from the wall charger, most times it asks for the date/time after completing a charge and re-powering up. I can confirm that we're both using the same wall charger.

What I've been doing recently is to charge the phone via my USB port on my laptop, and this has not caused any problems as yet. Both phones have fw 11.047, but are differenent custom versions.

travla---01, Sep 7, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi zargon48 and welcome to Tenforums.
    Without knowing what specific virus you had, I can guess that it was some sort of a rootkit, which is the kind that keeps spawning over and over. There are special tools to get rid of these types of infections; many times your normal anti-virus can't do that.

Google Chrome browser 64-bit is currently not compatible with W10. You'll want to uninstall that, and use their 32-bit version for now, or their new "Canary" version.

simrick, Sep 7, 2015
  5. zargon48 Win User
    Hi simrick, Thnx for the welcome,
    Your helpful answers were most appreciated.
    Think Ill try the new firefox40,,
    me and IE just dont get along,,
    I try to browse safely, but some of my games require patches from questionable sources
    to download,,guese I'll have to be more strict on where I get the game patches,,
    I try to stick to steam-games, they seem to be the safest for me,,so-far,,

Thnx again!*Smile

zargon48, Sep 7, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Yes! And then install some add-ons to help keep you safe; adjust Flash and Java to "ask to activate" or "never activate".
    Edge will have extension support probably around the October timeframe; you might be happy with that as well.

Oh yes - be very careful where you download these game patches, and always run a Malwarebytes scan on them as soon as they're downloaded.

Please go ahead and mark the thread "solved" in the top-left corner. Good luck! *Smile

simrick, Sep 7, 2015
  7. zargon48 Win User
    Thnx for the great advice and tips!!, they are appreciated!

wow,,I didnt know that about flash, and java,,awesome tip!!,,Thnx!

yes,,thnx I will close thread, see ya!

zargon48, Sep 7, 2015
  8. altae Win User

And never ever run a browser as admin. By doing so you give the browser almost unrestricted access to almost anything. Makes it easy for an infection to spread. Generally running anything as admin is bad (with justified exceptions of course) and especially that's the case for software that accesses the internet.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ?Question about virus behavior. - Similar Threads - Question virus behavior

2. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  3. Question about how anti-viruses works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about how anti-viruses works: Hello, I got this question and there was a similar question from another user but sadly I can't find it.Example I had malware, and I also had Windows Security and Malwarebytes.Can the Malware use the anti-viruses to hide itself? Like basically infecting the anti-virus and...
  4. Questions about Malware/Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...
  5. question about robocopy behavior...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question about robocopy behavior...: I was trying to do a quick backup of my documents folder, so decided to use robocopy with the /MIR switch: robocopy C:\Users\Brian\Documents D:\Backups\X390\Current\Documents /MIR It was taking a really long time, and what I discovered is that robocopy also backed up my...
  6. Some questions and contributions about ice4free.tk virus

Some questions and contributions about ice4free.tk virus: Well, my pc was infected with the virus than take organization control of your browser, so it changes your default browser and other things. I founded than the virus was an update.exe file inside C:\Users\******\AppData\Local\Google so i deleted it with unlocker becausa it...
  7. Question about Shift & Windows key behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Shift & Windows key behavior: Hello, I'm having a problem with Shift & Windows key. Whenever I press them both, a Windows Start menu appears, which wouldn't matter, but I use an AHK-based program, where a lot of my key combinations are pretty saturated, to assigned macros. Where for example a macro...
  8. Question about virus protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about virus protection: I have not used a laptop in over 5 years and am figuring out my Lenovo Flex 15. My free McAfee expired. My husband says I don't need virus protection (he is a Mac guy) I can't believe that is right. Back in the day I used free virus protection software. Any advice of your...
  9. Question about Viruses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Viruses: Hello I’m worried that I have a Rat or a keylogger on my pc and i wanted to know if one of these or any sort of malware attach themselves to MP3 or Wav files cause I wanna back up my music and all that but I don’t know if these can infect those files or not. Google won’t give...
  10. Question about registry(virus?)

Question about registry(virus?): Hi. I recently noticed a problem with the functionality of my computer. Often, the mouse cursor somewhere "escapes" or the processes shut down themselves. I tried reinstalling the system, I scanned the system with windows defender, eset, avira, malwarebytes and other...