Windows 10: Question about virus protection

Discus and support Question about virus protection in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have not used a laptop in over 5 years and am figuring out my Lenovo Flex 15. My free McAfee expired. My husband says I don't need virus protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hangingsocks, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Question about virus protection

I have not used a laptop in over 5 years and am figuring out my Lenovo Flex 15. My free McAfee expired. My husband says I don't need virus protection (he is a Mac guy) I can't believe that is right. Back in the day I used free virus protection software. Any advice of your favorite virus software? Or is my husband right and I don't need it anymore?

submitted by /u/hangingsocks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hangingsocks, Apr 11, 2020
  2. 7MM
    7mm Win User

Virus Protection

I'd Suggest You Better Skip The Idea of Using Those Security Suites. Better Use Some Free To Use Yet HIghly Rated For VIrus Protection Engines. Here's What I Suggest Top Three...

1. Avira AntiVir Personal Classic Edition
    2. Avast! Home Edition
    3. AVG Free

Avira Is Found To Trigger Less False Alarms Than Anyother AV (Even Paid Don't Have That Kind'a Accuracy), & Is Much Better Than some of The Paid Ones. Next Is Avast!, For It's Individual Scanner Protection & It's Unique VRDB (Virus Recovery Database) Feature.

If You're Looking For Firewall Protection Then Again, The Free Stuff Come To The Rescue.

1. ZoneAlarm Free
    2. Comodo Firewall Pro.
    3. PC Tools Firewall

We All Know How Good ZA Firewall Can Be..! Comodo Has Passed All The Leak Test That Can Be Serious For Your System Security. PC Tools Is Not New To The Scene Here, Still Has Very Good Firewall With Less Questions Asked, Recomended For NewBie.

3. Nonstop alerts about virus protection

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the operating system with the security notification on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your device?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete error code/ error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error pop-up?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you have installed any third-party anti-virus software, I suggest you to disable it and check if it issue persists.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software,
    you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the third-party anti-virus software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Defender on your device and check if it helps.

Windows Defender is malware protection that is included with and built into Windows 10. This software helps identify and remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. So, you do not need to install any third party antivirus applications.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 11, 2020
  4. HammerON Win User

Question about virus protection

What is the best anti virus software to get?

There have been a couple threads started in regards to the OP's question. I would suggest reading through this one:
    Best Virus Protection

HammerON, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Question about virus protection

1. Question about virus protection - Similar Threads - Question virus protection

2. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  3. About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About the Windows Security Virus & Threat protection: I have checked the Virus & Threat Protection and there is a thread Trojan Virus detected. and then use 'Quick Scan' to scan the computer. The 'Start Action' comes up. I press it, but it just keep looping with the Virus still here. May I ask what can I do in order to remove...
  4. Questions about Malware/Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about Malware/Virus: Hi, Windows defender keeps finding DefenderTamperingRestore and it keeps coming back and i dont know what to do, what other antivirus should i use other than windows defender. And i want some information on segurazo antivirus and how to remove it[Original Title:...
  5. Questions about Windows Defender protecting

Questions about Windows Defender protecting: I have some questions connected to Windows Defender. It would be great if someone would tell me a bit more about how it protects system and the whole pc. As I do a lot of research and receive lot of documents, I want to know how Defender works. 1. Does Defender protects pc...
  6. About Virus Protection

About Virus Protection: Hi, i am using windows 8. when i am trying to update my windows defender it's been downloading failed, and it's showing out of date even if i update the windows defender.. How can i solve that problem? will you please assist me?...
  7. Question about Viruses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Viruses: Hello I’m worried that I have a Rat or a keylogger on my pc and i wanted to know if one of these or any sort of malware attach themselves to MP3 or Wav files cause I wanna back up my music and all that but I don’t know if these can infect those files or not. Google won’t give...
  8. Question about registry(virus?)

Question about registry(virus?): Hi. I recently noticed a problem with the functionality of my computer. Often, the mouse cursor somewhere "escapes" or the processes shut down themselves. I tried reinstalling the system, I scanned the system with windows defender, eset, avira, malwarebytes and other...
  9. ?Question about virus behavior.

?Question about virus behavior.: Hi all, story; I got a virus about 6 months ago[?],,around then,, I had a pro-virus program, and it found virus after virus,after virus,,,,uhh infected files,,, my question is; why didnt the virus program kill the "source of the virus"? was i helping to spread it by...
  10. Win10 warning about Virus protection.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 warning about Virus protection.: Hello, Windows 10 is asking me to install an Anti Virus program. although I have already installed one Idk what I should do with this [img] 20026