Windows 10: Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me

Discus and support Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I searched about Windows 10 keys and there are lots of types of activation: OEM, COEM, VL, etc, I don't know which one suits me. I want a product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlexHidanBR, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me

I searched about Windows 10 keys and there are lots of types of activation: OEM, COEM, VL, etc, I don't know which one suits me.

I want a product key that works on any PC, even if I change my motherboard I want to be able to use the same product key to activate Windows. I plan on reinstall Windows and use a new product key, but I also want in the future to change my motherboard so I can use a better CPU than my current motherboard support. Is this type of windows key I described exists? If so, where can I obtain it, on Microsoft Store?

Thanks

submitted by /u/AlexHidanBR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlexHidanBR, Apr 13, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 13, 2021
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Apr 13, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me

1. Question about Windows 10 key and which license type suits me - Similar Threads - Question key license

2. A question about licenses

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A question about licenses: Well I do often format my pc when needed ( long time no clean for example ) or when i change a core Pc component like motherboard or CPU. This time i haven't formatted my pc but changed motherboard and cpu and seems that suddenly that i do not own a windows license because...
  3. Question about Windows License Terms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows License Terms: What does Microsoft mean by saying in the Microsoft software license terms, installation and use rights, license: "Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded...
  4. Question about Windows License Terms

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows License Terms: What does Microsoft mean by saying in the Microsoft software license terms, installation and use rights, license: "Updating or upgrading from non-genuine software with software from Microsoft or authorized sources does not make your original version or the updated/upgraded...
  5. A question about windows License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about windows License: I had\have an Acer Office PC that originally came with Windows 8.1 that got upgraded to W10,I don't have a key and I'm guessing the license was tied to the motherboard.When I built my gaming PC I tied the license to my Microsoft account so I wouldn't have to buy a windows...
  6. Question about digital license

Question about digital license: Hello, so recently I decided to upgrade a 4 year old pre-built PC my brother gave me last year. I plan on changing almost every part on the PC(including the motherboard.) I was able to link my Microsoft account to the digital license. My concern is, since it was a pre-built,...
  7. Question about windows 10 license on laptop

Question about windows 10 license on laptop: I have a lenovo laptop that come with windows 10 home. I'm planning to upgrade it into windows 10 pro. From my understanding, I just need to buy a key and "change the product key" right ? What happen to the old key that came with the laptop then ? And do I lose all data ?...
  8. Question about win10 license

Question about win10 license: Hello. I just bought myself a copy of Win10 Home. Shortly after I was told that it was a waste of money because Windows 10 is free. I can see that on Microsoft's site there's a download for it, but is it something you still need to purchase a key for to activate? I am a...
  9. Question about the license types and activation

Question about the license types and activation: My windows 10 activation is showing activated via digital license but i bought the box from a retailer and used the key which is in the card. I think it was even activated before i enter my product key but i entered it anyways again. (The pc was pre owned but i formatted the...
  10. Questions about Win 10 License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions about Win 10 License: I got 2 questions about Win 10 license.... 1) Is it cheaper to buy a Win 10 product key now or after July 29th? 2) I'm not able to find a Win 10 retail version. Does anyone know where to find one? 57528