Windows 10: question about windows 10 sandbox

Discus and support question about windows 10 sandbox in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If you remove sanbox from control panels/ programs and features, will your installed programs in sanbox space be also deleted, or stay there ? 145189 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by empleat, Nov 26, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

question about windows 10 sandbox

If you remove sanbox from control panels/ programs and features, will your installed programs in sanbox space be also deleted, or stay there ?

:)

empleat, Nov 26, 2019

2. Fix for Sandbox

Microsoft has acknowledged this issue now:

Windows Sandbox may fail to start with error code “0x80070002”Windows Sandbox may fail to start with "ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0x80070002)" on devices in which the operating system language is changed during the update process when installing Windows 10, version 1903.

Affected platforms:
    • Client: Windows 10, version 1903

Next steps: We are working on a resolution and estimate a solution will be available in late June.

hsehestedt, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Microsoft sandbox stoped working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please be informed that our developer team is aware of the issues with Sandbox and is working on resolving it. We do not have an ETA as of now, however I encourage you to send a feedback to our developer team via
    Feedback hub. As a suggestion you can try disabling and enabling
    the sandbox to check if that works. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.
    Your patience and understanding will be appreciated in this matter.

Regards

Naresh_K, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

windows sandbox Not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is a possibility that the feature is corrupted or not set up properly. I would advise you to disable Windows Sandbox first and then enable it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Then uncheck the option: Windows Sandbox.
    6. Then restart your computer.
    7. After restart, please enable it and check if the sandbox is working.

Also make sure that you meet all the requirements for Windows Sandbox.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. question about windows 10 sandbox - Similar Threads - question sandbox

2. A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Question About Upgrading From Windows 10 to 11: I don't plan to upgrade right now but I now inevitably I'll have to, and I have a specific question that's been on my mind in regards to the shift. I'm on Windows 10 Pro so I assume the upgrade will automatically bring me to Windows 11 Pro, and not HomeI read somewhere, and...
  3. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  4. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature: * I don't know if this is an appropriate place to write questions about the Windows Sandbox feature or it is not I heard that there is a Windows Sandbox, which is similar to a virtual machine - an isolation of the current operating system, where I can do anything with it that...
  5. A few questions about Windows Sandbox feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. SandBox question

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SandBox question: Is there a way to mount a USB Memory Stick in the standard W10 SandBox ? The reason I'm asking, I have a 32gb Lexar USB Stick that has a virus on it. If I mount it under standard window, it starts infecting all kinds of crap. I just want to Format the entire thing and be able...
  7. Questions regarding windows sandbox storage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions regarding windows sandbox storage: When I open windows sandbox on my pc I see that there are 40gb of free space. Where is this stored on my host PC, and is there anyway to increase this amount? Thanks! submitted by /u/AksTheGreat [link] [comments]...
  8. [QUESTION & HELP!] Sandbox won't open in Windows 1909 Pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [QUESTION & HELP!] Sandbox won't open in Windows 1909 Pro: It seems like they dont care about how much issues we have, I have an issue where sandbox won't open and tried calling. But you need to pay really just to get a human and customer service with your product, you have to be kidding me like they don't care! Now the main issue is...
  9. Sandboxing Newbies Questions

Sandboxing Newbies Questions: Hi I have been searching the web trying to learn what I can about sandboxing. However, I am finding it all a bit confusing since there does not appear to be anyone who has put up any guidnce for beginners in sandboxing. Yes, I've learnt what sandboxing is and what it...
  10. QUESTION: MS Word 2013 - Possible to run PORTABLE + SANDBOXED?

QUESTION: MS Word 2013 - Possible to run PORTABLE + SANDBOXED?: Howdy, Members: 1. It it possible to install MS Word 2013 only... (without other MS Office apps) to my new notebook as portable and sandboxed? 2. Is there an online Word editor that can competently accomplish this task without the necessity to install Word 2013 at all to...