Windows 10: Question about Windows 10 Sleep

Discus and support Question about Windows 10 Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by oprem, Feb 10, 2023.

1. oprem Win User

Question about Windows 10 Sleep

I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he remains connected to a TeamSpeak 3 Server all the time even tho his PC is on Sleep?I've never seen such thing, tried copying all of his Windows settings, tried messing with Power & Sleep settings on a few of other PC builds including my PC but nothing seems to work, once my PC goes to sleep the TeamSpeak Clients stays

:)

oprem, Feb 10, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2023
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Feb 10, 2023
  4. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

Question about Windows 10 Sleep

1. Question about Windows 10 Sleep - Similar Threads - Question Sleep

2. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  3. Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in...: Sorry, I have a quick question, I hope you can help me here. My laptop was in sleep mode in my bag for 4 hours and I didn't notice if it would damage it...
  4. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  5. Question about Windows 10 Sleep

Question about Windows 10 Sleep: I've custom built a Desktop PC for my friend and installed Windows 10 Pro, when he let his PC go to sleep, normally all of the fans in computer case completly stop, RGB turns off, nothing is spinning at all. So my main question kicks in right here - how is it possible that he...
  6. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.: I have followed instructions from previous responses to this question checked the USB setting, run SFC but still no luck. Since until now I have always switched the PC off after use, I do not know if Sleep ever worked and if it did, when it stopped for me to try the rollback...
  7. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.: I have followed instructions from previous responses to this question checked the USB setting, run SFC but still no luck. Since until now I have always switched the PC off after use, I do not know if Sleep ever worked and if it did, when it stopped for me to try the rollback...
  8. Further questions relating to Windows 10 not going to sleep and Screens not going to standby.

9. Question about Power and Sleep settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Power and Sleep settings: Hi all. I was wondering if any of you know what are recommended settings for when your display and system fall asleep after a certain time of being idle. I have it set so my monitor turns off and PC sleeps after 20 minutes of being idle, but I'm not sure how much I can wait...
  10. Sr. Citizen Level Questions Re Sleep Mode, Brightness, etc. Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Level Questions Re Sleep Mode, Brightness, etc. Please: Hi, Great Forums and folks. Thanks for all the previous help. a. For the first time, I tried using the sleep mode. Worked fine, apparently. But after a few days with it, it started asking me for a Password when I woke it up by using the keyboard or mouse. Why the change ?...