Windows 10: Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

Discus and support Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Guys, I understand that in Windows 10, build 1903, a new feature called "Download and Install Now" will be offered in the Windows Update query for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JackPlatt, Apr 7, 2019.

1. JackPlatt Win User

Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

Guys,

I understand that in Windows 10, build 1903, a new feature called "Download and Install Now" will be offered in the Windows Update query for new version builds when they are available for your system. Users will always have the option to manually install feature updates until the current Windows 10 build on your computer is about to expire, At that time, the new feature build will be installed automatically.

What this means is that only security and stability updates will have full automatic options. The manual install of feature updates will be an Action Center notification that an update is waiting, But the user will have the option to wait until the old build is just about to expire before the new Windows feature updates are installed on their own. (Typical support for Windows 10 feature builds is 18 months.) All Windows 10 users will also have the option to pause other updates, (security and stability patches) in seven-day cycles for up to thirty-five days. (Five times each time.) This helps the user make sure that there aren't any last minute hiccups with updates.

I read that the "Download and Install Now" is coming for build 1803 and build 1809. Is this true? Or does the "Download and Install" new manual Windows Feature Update Build not begin until build 1903 is on the system?

Jack

:)

JackPlatt, Apr 7, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Apr 7, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 7, 2019
  4. Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option?

1. Question About Windows 10's New "Download And Install Now" Windows Update Option? - Similar Threads - Question 10's Download

2. Question about S mode!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about S mode!: I am trying to download adobe software on my HP laptop but anytime i try to download it I get a message that I will have to switch out of S mode first. Is switching out of S mode a good idea? What happens if I switch out of S mode and will it effect the functionality of the...
  3. Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about installing Windows 10 on new computer: I'm building a new computer and I want the drive Windows is installed on the be K, and my external SSD to be H. Is this possible? Does Windows have to be C? Do I even need a C drive? Also, if I am able to do this, would the K drive on Windows explorer sidebar show up above...
  4. Questions about installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about installing Windows 10: I currently have Windows 7 and I think it's time I finally make the switch to Windows 10 since the support for Windows 7 has stopped. This is the first time I'm upgrading and I'm not really sure how this process works. I see where it says "Download tool now" on the Microsoft...
  5. A question about the Windows 10 installer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A question about the Windows 10 installer: So, I have a PC that's pretty much just broken after trying to install Ubuntu besides Windows, and I'm wondering: if I somehow lose my Windows 10 install, then get the installer and put in my Microsoft account login, will I have a Windows 10 install that has the same license...
  6. Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update 1903: "Download and install now" option question: Hello: I'm currently on: Windows 10 Version 1809. Build 17763.529 Clicked on Windows Update in Settings yesterday. Saw Feature Update Version 1903. Option to "Download and install now" I see there are many issues outstanding in 1903 and that Microsoft is working on them. I...
  7. Questions about installing Windows 10

Questions about installing Windows 10: Split from this thread. I have a Windows 10, HP Laptop. I have many questions! I'm about to install the Windows 10 operating system, from a DVD. Here goes . . . Do I have to delete everything on my computer, to then do the install? Or will be done during the install? How...
  8. Question about windows 10 installation

Question about windows 10 installation: Hello everyone, My Office All-In-One Data PC, got suddenly in trouble. Its Hard Drive shows the following message: Hard Drive is Corrupt and Unreadable. Fortunately, our data is safe with Carbonite, so, I purchased a new 2.5” Hard Drive to replace it, and the Original...
  9. Windows 10 install question(s)

Windows 10 install question(s): Ok.... I'm the new guy here so please be patient with me. I want to install Windows 10 Pro on my computer running Windows 7 Home Premium. I downloaded the helper tool from Microsoft and have the files on a usb drive. I know I have to have a Windows 10 Pro key which I do...
  10. clean install download question(s)...

clean install download question(s)...: so read the tutorials. I want to use the USB stick option. so I download the win 10 using media tool and save it to my computer then move it to the USB stick or can the download be directed to the USB stick? then I would run the install from the stick. over writing windows 7...