Windows 10: Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

Discus and support Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10_19041_331_pro_en_us_x64 with the latest edge chromium. I noticed that I can't run netflix through my browser at 1080p if Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by intro, Jun 26, 2020.

1. intro Win User

Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

I'm running Windows 10_19041_331_pro_en_us_x64 with the latest edge chromium. I noticed that I can't run netflix through my browser at 1080p if Windows Firewall is disabled(I use my own firewall). Does anyone know if there is a workaround for that problem other than turning on the firewall which I've never used in any of my Windows installs? BTW I can run netflix at 1080p using the netflix app but the web interface for netflix is way better through my browser.

:)

intro, Jun 26, 2020

2. Edge Chromium, the Reading List

on the Edge feedback forum at

I have posed the following question in response to an existing thread

I wanted to ask this more pointed question:-

Will the mooted "offline" Reading List feature that was included in Edge HTML but never fully activated be added to Edge Chromium?

(I did get one reply to a question I posed, I think back in 2015,on the promised offline capability that reply said simply and unequivocably

""At this time, the reading list is not available offline in Microsoft Edge, but we’re working on it for a future update"

In my opinion it is a pretty useless add on anyway. because in EdgeHTML it does nothing that adding a URL to the Favorites list already does and now tht Edge Chromium sensibly includes an Internet Exploder like facility to Save a webpage complete you can
    save the whole webpage for off line viewing i.e.reading anyway

johnfowles, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Lentha Q Win User
    Cannot uninstall Chromium browser at all on Windows 10.

SusanMaryElizabeth;

followed the steps you have posted here and was doin' great until the very last step. opened my C: drive but no Chromium folder listed. any other suggestions? really want Chromium off my system as it's a pain in the butt!!!!

thanks for your assistance,

lentha

Lentha Q, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

windows firewall question

yes i am sure i am having no issues with a router. this is at my work. and i only have issues with the windows 7 firewall.

as for adding ports, i do it the same as what is listed in your picture.

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium

1. Question about Windows firewall and edge chromium - Similar Threads - Question firewall edge

2. Question about window firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about window firewall: - Are these dll virus or something and if so is there a way to remove them? '-'+ Discovered about these bit earlier when I open up my firewall, tried to disable them but they just clone themselves and reactivate...
  3. Question about window firewall

Question about window firewall: - Are these dll virus or something and if so is there a way to remove them? '-'+ Discovered about these bit earlier when I open up my firewall, tried to disable them but they just clone themselves and reactivate...
  4. A couple of questions about Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A couple of questions about Edge Chromium: Does anyone know if it is possible to keep a site muted after the browser gets restarted? When I use Win+Tab I can see pages I've had open/history in Edge on my iPhone, but I don't see any pages I've had open on my actual computer. Does anyone know how to get them to show?...
  5. Edge Chromium IE Mode Question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium IE Mode Question: Hey all, I'm running version 2004 and trying to figure out how to get IE Mode to work with the Chromium version of Edge. Every article and write up from MS and other sites tell me to enable it in edge://flags but it's not there and a few sites have said to check it in...
  6. Edge Chromium questions

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium questions: I am still running Google Chrome and was always wondering if it is worth to switch? I know that the new Edge runs under Chromium, but is Google Chrome still better than Edge Chromium? Google Chrome's usage statistics beats most web browsers, so would this mean that it is...
  7. Edge Chromium syncing question

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium syncing question: In the new Edge Chromium the Personal profile for your Microsoft Account has listed under Profiles/Sync a Turn On Sync option. In order for it to work..Does it also require Sync Settings to be turned on in Settings/Accounts/Sync Your Settings? If I have all Sync Settings...
  8. Question About Firewall

Question About Firewall: Split from this thread. I need to know how to take off my firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-firewall/ad7ed1f1-78b3-404b-8244-9800220b8822"
  9. Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Question about the new Chromium based Edge Browser: Hi. I was was wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather it's ok at this time to manually download and install the new Edge Browser or wait until Windows Update pushes the update. I do like the Edge Browser although I use Firefox as my default browser. I have a HP Desktop...
  10. question about firewall outbound rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about firewall outbound rules: hi there *Smile I intend to create an outbound rule in Windows Firewall to block connections certain software might attempt to make. My question is if I can add an IP exception, like blocking all outbound connections with the exception of certain IP address where the...