Windows 10: Question about windows recovery partition size

Discus and support Question about windows recovery partition size in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal? submitted by /u/NiceSignal [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NiceSignal, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Question about windows recovery partition size

I have a 512 ssd and the size of WinRE_DRV is 1gb. Is this too much or normal?

submitted by /u/NiceSignal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NiceSignal, Oct 30, 2020
  2. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Question about windows recovery partition size :)

RyoTakagi, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Oct 30, 2020
  4. fredde Win User

Question about windows recovery partition size

Partition Sizes?

My new system has 2 150 g Raptors in Raid0. I normally keep the O/S on one partition, installed applications on another, and my paging file on another partition. With a volume size of 300 gigs, what would you suggest as far as partition sizes are concerned?

Thank-You. *Smile Question about windows recovery partition size :)*Smile Question about windows recovery partition size :)

fredde, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Question about windows recovery partition size

1. Question about windows recovery partition size - Similar Threads - Question recovery partition

2. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  3. Question about recovery partition on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about recovery partition on laptop: Hello I have an acer brand computer that came built with windows 10 and I formatted the drive c on which it was installed and chose boot and then started a clean installation of windows 11 and did not delete or touch the recovery partition in the partition window that is...
  4. Question about deleting a partition.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about deleting a partition.: [ATTACH] For some reason MSI made two partition on the 500GB M.2 SSD on my GS65 (drive C for Windows and D for Data). I recently added a 1TB nvme to the laptop and was wondering if it was ok for me to delete Drive D so that there are only 2 partitions on my laptop. I'm not...
  5. Question about EFI partition.

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about EFI partition.: I converted my boot drive to GPT a couple of days ago. Took a bit of effort because I used minitools instead of reimaging. I had to re-register a couple of pieces of software but other than all my software and hardware are functioning correctly. This is a snapshot of the MS...
  6. Question about recovery partition

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about recovery partition: OneKey Recovery no longer works on my laptop, presumably because of a clean install, so I'm planning to start using Macrium Reflect. There's a hidden partition called "PRB_DRV". How can I tell whether it's safe to delete this partition? 131144
  7. A Couple Questions About Partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A Couple Questions About Partitions: Hello forum, I'm a bit of a newbie as far as computers go. I've had this rig currently for about a year and am always messing with it to learn more about computers as I consider it a hobby and learning experience. Today I decided to take a look at the current disk situation...
  8. a question about partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a question about partitions: [img] I would like 2 know if its possible to some how reclaim the unallocated space and merge it back with C: windows drive... I know disk management wont allow it because the unallocated space isn't adjacent to the main partition... the 2 smaller recovery partitions...
  9. Recovery Partition question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition question: I have space for the recovery partition but it says the partition is empty. I was trying to make a recovery usb and it would say couldn't create one. I went under computer management and the space is accolated but says it has 100% free space, so how come when I did the clean...
  10. Question about Recovery Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Recovery Drive: I have a primary drive which is 500 GB - I would like to split it so that I can use half for OS and half for data. I made a recovery USB (before I split the drive) and I would like to know that if I restore whether the disk partition will go back to how it was when the...