Windows 10: Question about Windows Security Message

Discus and support Question about Windows Security Message in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; An attachment from an email was opened & immediately a virus threat message appeared. I have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365. I ran the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarilynTurner3, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Question about Windows Security Message

An attachment from an email was opened & immediately a virus threat message appeared. I have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365. I ran the Windows Security full scan & the following messages appeared in Protection History: 1. Threat found - action needed. High. 2. Threat removed or restored. Severe.

When I click on the message, the next windows that comes up is “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Windows Security Verified Publisher: Microsoft Windows.

My quesrtion is this: Can I be confident that this message are from Windows Security and not from the virus?

[Original Title: Windows Security question]

:)

MarilynTurner3, Dec 15, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Dec 15, 2020
  3. Gmail "Critical security alert" message, hacking attempt blocked (long post)

your likkely not going to , so, just deal with your end, and thats about it. Google doesnt log failed log in attempts, so there is no record of it, other than the message. its security worked, just take the steps and your done.

jboydgolfer, Dec 15, 2020
  4. Question about Windows Security Message

Jsssssssss, Dec 15, 2020
Thema:

Question about Windows Security Message

1. Question about Windows Security Message - Similar Threads - Question Security Message

2. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  3. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Security: I was having major computer troubles a few weeks ago, and a local tech company's technician reverted my Windows 10 back to version 1903 because my computer was taking a long, long time to start up. He also installed the newest version of Bitdefender free trial on this older...
  4. Question about Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Question about secure boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about secure boot.: Can I disable secure boot for some time and enable it again ? As i want to run a portable distro on my machine btw I am on a dell PC. So will disabling and enabling secure boot affect my PC in anyway ? Will it mess up windows ?...
  6. Question about user accounts/security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about user accounts/security: Windows recommends a standard user account. All these years I have been installing and using the main default account you create when you fresh install windows 10. I heard that this is possibly not safe? I know there is a hidden "Administrator" account and I assumed that was...
  7. Question about Microsoft account security

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Microsoft account security: Hey guys. So I logged into my MS account randomly to check my recent activity. A bit of paranoia since a few months ago I had some dude trying to hack literally every account I own under the sun. (Seriously. Even useless crap like my Spotify or Town of Salem accounts) So...
  8. Question about win10 security features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about win10 security features: Cheers! A simple question: Provided I have a PIN set during the setup of my win10 OS on my desktop, is there ever a situation where the OS requires me to type in my Microsoft account password also created during setup as the OS demanded it. If there is such a case, is there...
  9. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...
  10. Question About Browser Security

in Browsers and Email
    Question About Browser Security: My bank's website recently stopped supporting browsers other than IE. I found a way around the fact that the login button doesn't work in my favorite browser, but after testing the sites other features, a question occurred to me. Are there likely to be any security issues...