Windows 10: Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager

Discus and support Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm annoyed by Windows 10 auto updates (especially the driver ones) and I'mglad that I finally found a solution but I have some questions regarding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VargasBE, May 28, 2020.

1. VargasBE Win User

Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager

Hi, I'm annoyed by Windows 10 auto updates (especially the driver ones) and I'mglad that I finally found a solution but I have some questions regarding Wumt and Wumgr:

-Do they work on all editions of windows (home, pro...)

-I read something about a wrapper script but I don't get it since english is not my main language, I understand that it is required to disable auto updtates in Wumt, and that it is called sledgehammer for Wumgr, but is it true? Because I see the options in the UI.

-Which is the best, Wumt or Wumgr?

Thank you in advance.

Windows version: 1909

:)

VargasBE, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 update doesn't work

Try use "windows update minitool" to update then see after if updates via windows update

SnakeDoctor, May 28, 2020
  3. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager :)

Thermopylae_480, May 28, 2020
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about Windows update minitool and Windows update manager - Similar Threads - Question update minitool

2. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  3. Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update problem with Windows Update MiniTool: Hello everybody! Here is my problem... I have disabled Automatic Windows Update using the Local Group Policy Editor. Instead, I use Windows Update mini tool. I run it every two weeks and I choose what to install and what not. After months of doing the job fine, today...
  4. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  5. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  6. Question about update

Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  7. Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem

Windows update settings and Windows update minitool problem: I used the tool. I updated periodically one by one due to my daily download limit. I updated a few updates. Finally I have to update latest cumulative windows x64 update 4013429. That tool could not update that. When I went to settings|update, I get like the pic below. It...
  8. Question about updates

Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756
  9. Windows Update MiniTool

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update MiniTool: You can use this tool Windows update minitool , Windows Update MiniTool Download I just tried this and it found several drivers that needed updates. As I precaution I manually checked a couple of devices in Device Manager, and sure enough they updated. This tool is...
  10. How good is Windows Update MiniTool?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How good is Windows Update MiniTool?: So since my HDD broke down i thought I should do a proper installation of Windows 10 Pro including the right drivers So I downloaded them from my manufacturer's website and then ran Windows Update. Surfing around the internet I found this Update Tool. Everything...