Windows 10: Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I...

Discus and support Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Fast traslate Icon translate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaCaleb, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I...

Fast traslate
    Icon translate

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=3306b8c6-c298-4720-9614-eae65f3d66f6

See the very bottom of page 4. I had explained that on my laptop, it doesn't show an about tab under "system," but it shows 64 bit on the same screen as system. I was directed to type pc info in the search menu, and then it would show the About info. I did, and it did not show 64 bit. there was a link, and I clicked on it, and it said I needed another app to open something as described at the very bottom of page 4. Prior to the update, I did not need an app to open that. It also keeps showing me pop-ups with a button that says "ok" grayed out. I am not able to close the pop-ups. Please see the link, and let me know why whenever I don't respond to people's responses right away, my questions expire after a couple of days. Microsoft forums are the only forums that stop alerting people. Google community forums don't stop, Apple forums don't stop, Quora doesn't stop, and other forums don't stop. People might be busy, so why does it stop alerting people? For me, I need assistance from another person, and that is why I don't respond right away all of the time. The only problem with Google is that usually nobody responds.

BTW, this is not just a question about why my question is expired, but I want to continue getting help about the previous two threads that are expired. I am getting annoyed that each time that I post that question, that it expires when I don't respond right away.

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Mar 7, 2021
  2. Mohan B P Win User

3 questions for Windows 10

Hi,

I realize the issue you are facing with the desktop.

As you have multiple issues with the desktop, let me assist you with the issues one by one.

Question 1:

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• On the Desktop, right-click on an empty space.

• In the drop down options, select
      View.

• Uncheck the option: Auto arrange icons.
    Question 2:

The information provided in question 2 is not clear, so kindly answer the below question;

• About which “favorites” you are talking about
      (EDGE or WINDOWS EXPLORER or INTERNET EXPLORER)?
    Question 3:

I suggest you to refer the below link to change Adobe to open PDF files instead of Edge and check if it helps:

Change default programs in Windows 10

I hope the given information is helpful. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows 10.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Todd33 Win User
    Basic question on profiles

I made a OC profile in addition to the defualt. It is listed as the "3D profile" in the main screen. Does that mean the card will switch to those frequencies when the game goes into 3d mode, despite the defualt frequencies being listed when I put my mouse over the taskbar icon?

Todd33, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I...

Windows 10 search question

Hi Steve,

Typing in the search box will provide suggestions and answers to your questions, and search results from your PC and the web. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    • Have you tried searching different files and check if the issue persists?
    • Did you try to check if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    We also recommend that you follow these steps to run the
    Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to resolve issues with searching files in Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I...

1. Question about Windows Update Profile Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I... - Similar Threads - Question Update Profile

2. Question about Windows Update Profile Error Continued & why do my questions keep expiring...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Update Profile Error Continued & why do my questions keep expiring...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/was-the-policies-tab-removed-in-a-windows-update/92a21263-0de5-461a-a511-fdac9f76bdbe?messageId=3306b8c6-c298-4720-9614-eae65f3d66f6 See the very bottom of page 4. I had explained that on my laptop, it...
  3. Question about Windows Update Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I don't...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about Windows Update Error. Why does my question keep expiring when I don't...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/was-the-policies-tab-removed-in-a-windows-update/92a21263-0de5-461a-a511-fdac9f76bdbe?messageId=3306b8c6-c298-4720-9614-eae65f3d66f6 See the very bottom of page 4. I had explained that on my laptop, it...
  4. Question about 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about 2004 update: I just updated one of my laptops to 2004 and it went fine, but then I noticed in the start menu app list at the bottom, under "Other" there is an app called ms-resource:ProductName. IIRC, it wasn't there before I updated from 1909 to 2004. I read it might go away after more...
  5. Expired license question

Expired license question: [ATTACH] I was trying to play a game I have installed, it's also an app on my Microsoft store. it was working fine all day and an hour later when I tried opening it again this came up, I've had this current laptop since may, i'm not sure what to do and I've updated the...
  6. Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles

Question about the new Microsoft Edge and profiles: As much as I hate to admit it, the new browser is fantastic. The browser itself is blazingly fast, and synchronisation between different machines is almost instantaneous. That said, something weird is happening. I primarily use two machines (desktop and laptop), and two...
  7. question about user password expiration

question about user password expiration: in a enviroment where are some users in a domain, who determines if a password expires or not? the PC or LDAP? submitted by /u/acid8k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkhd3m/question_about_user_password_expiration/
  8. Question about update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about update: I am a non- insider and I installed .113 build from uupdump.. I checked for updates to get onto .116 build but I got KB4497936. Did anyone else get this update? Why didn't I get the .116 update? 132936
  9. Question about updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Question about updates: I installed Win 10 Home which is build 10240. After installing some updates, it's still showing v. 10240 while Microsoft has released build 10565. Do I have to do a re-install to get the latest fixes and features? 26756
  10. Question about Automatic Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Automatic Updates: I have a question about Windows 10 and Automatic upgrades, windows 10 is free for a year, I was reading an article that said you will have to upgrade your computer by 2016 if you want to keep windows up to date? I thought Windows 10, once installed and activated, was free...