Windows 10: Question about WinRE

Discus and support Question about WinRE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; there is a recovery environment and there is a domain user assigned by the local admin. WinRE for any action requires the login and password of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IHecTop, Mar 9, 2021.

1. IHecTop Win User

Question about WinRE

there is a recovery environment and there is a domain user assigned by the local admin. WinRE for any action requires the login and password of the local administrator, which is included in the SAM database, but where domain accounts are not included

is there any option or tool that can remove/cancel the password prompt when using in WinRE

:)

IHecTop, Mar 9, 2021
  2. xtian Win User

How do I (mount and) copy the contents of (hidden) WinRE?

I have a WinRE partition at the end of my SSD and I want to move it down following the Win NTFS system partition so I can install Linux in the fourth position.

This SuperUser suggests copying the contents of WinRE.
    https://superuser.com/a/1233758

I would recommend assigning a drive letter to it and obtaining a copy of the WinRE.wim file. You'll need it to move the recovery environment somewhere later. You can obtain a copy of this file in other ways, but it will be easier just to get it ahead of time.

How to make a hidden partition visible says how to launch Disk Management to access Admin Privileges. But the steps say to right click on the hidden partition, but Disk Management never give me anything more than “help” popup.

How do I copy the contents of WinRE?

xtian, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Recovery Environment (WinRe) question

I wiped out the factory restore option ages ago when I clean installed from a Media Creation Tool created USB flash drive so it will be standard WinRe. I think Ghot has probably nailed it when he suggested it could be a deliberate timing setting but Thanks for your help pal

sportsfan148, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Kyhi Win User

Question about WinRE

WinRE, add boot menu entry

It is possible - as you are looking to add a "Ramdisk" boot option - but instead of listing a Boot.wim you will list as WinRE.wim
    The process depends on the WinRE location and whether Legacy or Uefi Boot Menu

Kyhi, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Question about WinRE

1. Question about WinRE - Similar Threads - Question WinRE

2. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  3. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft one drive question: Microsoft one drive is not, connected. Rather than input a pin I opt to go to other and input my password. When I click on other the one drive just keeps on running and does not go to the next screen to let me input my password....
  4. Microsoft one drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have no question. I found a profound error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  6. I have no question. I found a profound error

I have no question. I found a profound error: The current Windows picture is showing Eiffel Tower in Paris. The description is KAUSTEIN, Austria. I think the administrator needs the geography classes....
  7. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  8. Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question

Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensions for chrome question: is Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn still supports for Google Chrome? Because Microsoft Defender Browser Protection extensiosn was updated last year...
  9. Recovery Environment (WinRe) question

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Environment (WinRe) question: My PC is running fine but I was curious to see what options are available in the Recovery environment on my PC as it isnt something Ive ever had to use. So I held down the shift key and restarted my PC which took me into the Recovery Environment. I selected startup settings...
  10. Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions regarding the Windows Recovery Environment partition (WinRe): These questions may be plainly obvious to many. However before now I have never copied partitions to a new drive and am approaching all of this from a position of ignorance. I recently installed a 250gb mSata SSD into my laptop meant to boot the operating system while the...