Windows 10: Question about wiping laptop to sell later

Discus and support Question about wiping laptop to sell later in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm resetting my wife's old laptop so we can sell it. When the reset is complete, and Windows starts wanting me to add a name, location and all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cbiweb, Jun 15, 2021.

1. cbiweb Win User

Question about wiping laptop to sell later

I'm resetting my wife's old laptop so we can sell it. When the reset is complete, and Windows starts wanting me to add a name, location and all the other personalization stuff, is it possible to simply shut off the laptop at that time without entering any info like that? I ask because I have no idea who the next owner will be, and would rather have them set it with their information.

:)

cbiweb, Jun 15, 2021

2. Wipe all personal data from a laptop bfore selling.

Hello community!

I want to sell mt Asus Transformer t100ta and I would like to wipe all my personal data off.

I have bought it about 2 years ago and had windows 8.1 and office 2013 preintalled on it, soformatting and installing a clean verson does not an option because I had a win 8.1 and now win 10.

I would lke to hear any suggestion!!

Thanks a lot!

NikolayChernuha, Jun 15, 2021
  3. how to wipe clean hp stream to sell

wipe clean hp stream to sell

ElizabethSimonsSH, Jun 15, 2021
  4. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Question about wiping laptop to sell later - Similar Threads - Question wiping laptop

2. question about my laptop graphics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    question about my laptop graphics: i have a simple question i have graphics of intel r HD graphics in my hp notebook 15 and i dont know if it is 3000 or 4000 can someone help i tried checking cpu by running dxdiag to determine but i cant find it someone help...
  3. Selling Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selling Laptop: getting my Laptop ready to sell or donate, I used the Microsoft Windows 10 fresh Install....no personal files saved....but it did read files were saved in a folder named Windows.old.During the initial setup....it required 1 I enter the name of person using laptop2 Sign in...
  4. Selling Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Selling Laptop: I am selling my laptop. I have removed all personal data and programs that will not be authorized. How do I get rid of my code and password and personal data without impacting my other computers?Thanks,Dennis...
  5. Question about my new laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about my new laptop: My only issue is that two or three specific programs are scaled down very far (I'm actually squinting to use them). I don't want to turn up the global resolution scale because everything aside from those few programs is scaled how I want. Anyone else experience this? Anyone...
  6. how to wipe clean hp stream to sell

how to wipe clean hp stream to sell: wipe clean hp stream to sell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-wipe-clean-hp-stream-to-sell/812bc9cb-2082-44e6-8a76-4efd55a2f347
  7. Question About My New Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question About My New Laptop: I got a new laptop for Christmas it has a build in camera and it also came with Windows 10 Home. Now when I click on start then the camera icon. A window will come up telling me it can't locate my camera. Should I down a camera app to my computer so I can use my camera. Can...
  8. question about registry entries when wiping hard drives

question about registry entries when wiping hard drives: I recently wiped (reformatted) my system hard drive and installed a new OS on it (from win 7 to 10). I have multiple hard drives with a lot of my 3rd party programs (games, utilities, tools etc) installed on secondary drives. Originally, I had just assumed that I would have...
  9. Random question about laptops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random question about laptops: Is a Hp 2000(laptop, old as it gets) screen interchangable with a Hp DV7(still older but has the amd proccessor)? 71165
  10. Wipe upgraded Windows 10 to sell

Wipe upgraded Windows 10 to sell: I'm planning to sell my Surface Pro 3. I upgraded it to Windows 10 (but not the Creators update). I would just like to be sure that if I select the "Remove Everything" (from the "Reset this Computer" screen) that this will not remove my Windows 10. I'm concerned that...