Windows 10: Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access"

Discus and support Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! This is mostly for my own curiosity. We have a vendor that installed a new server on our network. The software install is done by going to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmaher803, Dec 4, 2020.

1. dmaher803 Win User

Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access"

Hello!

This is mostly for my own curiosity. We have a vendor that installed a new server on our network. The software install is done by going to \\servername to access a share and run an installer. It doesn't ask for credentials it's not on the domain, but the workstations are, which worries me a bit, but that's not my concern today and that probably connects with my question. When we access from the same subnet as the server we just type in the \\servername and it lets us in. If we do the same thing from another site connected via MPLS we get the error "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access." The fix was easy to find and implement, but I just can't figure out why the PCs at other sites get that error and the local subnet doesn't. All my research says the error is from a now-default setting in windows 10 since 1709 that disabled insecure guest access, but all of these PCs run the same build both remote and local so in theory, shouldn't all PCs have had that error? I'm not sure why remote users had the issue and local didn't.

Is it possible the server has different behavior depending on whether the traffic is local or remote? The vendor is tight-lipped about how their stuff works I think the installers just don't know the answers and keep brushing me off and at this point, I'm just satisfying my curiosity.

:)

dmaher803, Dec 4, 2020

2. You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access.

I have updated to windows 10, version 2004. Now on accessing shared folder I'm getting message "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC
    from unsafe or malicious devices on the network"

I have gone through this link "Guest access in SMB2 is disabled - Windows Server"

But workaround given in above support article not working for me.

[Computer configuration\administrative templates\network\Lanman Workstation
    "Enable insecure guest logons"]
    I'm still getting the same error. Please let me know what other steps can be taken to get access again.

vicky_y2001, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Windows has Blocked unauthenticated guest access

Just using Windows File Explorer and it keeps teeling me that "Microsoft Windows Network: you cannot access this shared folder because your organisation's security policies block unauthenticated guest access.". I have the music player mapped as drive Z
    and has been working fine untils this last update !

RobertOwens6, Dec 4, 2020
  4. Fiala006 Win User

Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access"

Windows 10 version 2004 - Organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access

I just updated to version 2004 and receive the following error: Organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. I've been able to access this share on all previous versions by editing the Lanman "Enabled insecure guest logins" and worked
    great.

I've triple checked the setting is enabled, rebooted, and just can't get access to my share. I've set up a VM with 1909 and works fine. These are home machines, not part of any domain.

Any ideas?

Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access" 665dbca1-3d4b-4ed1-b0d6-00fd95c7edee?upload=true.png

Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access" b0e342c2-d331-416d-b49d-809ad402d05d?upload=true.png

Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access" 9ec5fbf5-0745-42ac-8663-5fbf9361d950?upload=true.png

Fiala006, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Question about "your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access" - Similar Threads - Question organization's security

2. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  3. security policy blocks access to NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    security policy blocks access to NAS: Suddenly, when trying to access files stored on my NAS I am block by some issue with security policies.No idea what caused this. Have not installed anything new in over a week and this hppened just now....
  4. Your organization's policies are preventiing

in Windows 10 Support
    Your organization's policies are preventiing: All of a sudden when I click on hyperlinks in a Word file, it fails to connect and I get this message: Your organization's policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more info, please contact your help desk. I'm working alone on my Win 10 PC. I've...
  5. Windows 10 version 2004 - Organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 2004 - Organizations security policies block unauthenticated guest access: I just updated to version 2004 and receive the following error: Organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. I've been able to access this share on all previous versions by editing the Lanman "Enabled insecure guest logins" and worked great. I've...
  6. Windows has Blocked unauthenticated guest access

Windows has Blocked unauthenticated guest access: I have a Music server conected to by network via ethernet cable but since the last Windows update 2004 I cannot access this drive any longer to copy files over to it from my PC, Has any one got any ideas as I have tried the Lanman workstation settings but this does not work...
  7. You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block...

You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block...: I have updated to windows 10, version 2004. Now on accessing shared folder I'm getting message "You can't access this shared folder because your organization's security policies block unauthenticated guest access. These policies help protect your PC from unsafe or malicious...
  8. Questions about Windows 10 guest account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Questions about Windows 10 guest account: 1 - So I've spent a considerable amount of time tweaking Windows for performance, and I'd like my guest account to carry over those tweaks, which for some reason Windows doesn't do by default. Is there any way to copy the settings from one account to another? 2 - Is it...
  9. Can’t access shared folder because of organization’s security policies

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t access shared folder because of organization’s security policies: [ATTACH]If you try to connect to a device, which requires the credentials of a guest instead of proper authentication, you might come across an error […] This post Can’t access shared folder because of organization’s security policies is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. A question about security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A question about security: So, first of all sorry for asking this question again but. Recently I upgraded to the Fall update for Windows 10, and ditched Avast as I feel it used to be a great software but not anymore sadly. So the main question is, if you guys could suggest a software that is good...