Windows 10: Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

Discus and support Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi all, Today Ive just switched my Microsoft Account Sign-in method on my laptop over to Local Account sign in instead. I realise that my Microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sportsfan148, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

Hi all,
    Today Ive just switched my Microsoft Account Sign-in method on my laptop over to Local Account sign in instead. I realise that my Microsoft Account will now be unlinked from my laptop so the benefit I had when signing in with a Microsoft Account of having the ability to Activate Windows 10 on this laptop in the event of any future major hardware changes has gone.

I have noticed an Add a Microsoft Account option though in Settings/Activation. It says it gives you the ability to Activate Windows 10 on this device. Does this option just switch you from Local account sign in over to Microsoft sign in again?...or does it somehow link your Microsoft Account back to this device again but doesnt alter the Local Account sign in to the device. Its a bit confusing and the Microsoft online help doesn't explain clearly what the option does

:)

sportsfan148, Oct 31, 2018

2. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices. Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of a Microsoft Account?

sportsfan148, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Question about switching from signing into a laptop with a Microsoft Account to a Local Account?

Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account.
    Under Devices I could also view my laptop along with other bits of various information about the device and its location was always shown on a map there too. After signing into my laptop with my Local Account ..If I sign in separately to my Microsoft Account
    afterwards Ive just noticed that having switched to a Local Account my laptop isnt shown on the opening Microsoft Account screen anymore and its not listed in devices either. Is this normal behaviour? I was expecting to still find my laptop listed in Devices.
    Also...Under Update and Security/Activation..it used to say Digital Licence linked to a Microsoft Account. Now it just says Windows is Activated with a digital licence. Is all this normal behaviour if you sign into a laptop with a Local Account instead of
    a Microsoft Account?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sportsfan_881, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop

1. Question after switching back to Local Account Sign in on my laptop - Similar Threads - Question switching Local

2. i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.: Hi i hope you can help , i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my microsoft account. I don't have the option to add an microsoft account from my local account either??? When i try and sign in with microsoft account it says i need an app to do this...
  3. i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my Microsoft account.: Hi i hope you can help , i switched to my local account and now cant switch back to my microsoft account. I don't have the option to add an microsoft account from my local account either??? When i try and sign in with microsoft account it says i need an app to do this...
  4. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  5. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch back to local account?: I built a gaming PC a couple of months ago, performed all the updates necessary, and bought an official digital license from Newegg. Up until recently, I was using the local account I had set-up when I activated my Windows key. I then had customer support guide me through the...
  6. How to switch back to local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signed in with a local account, unable to switch to Microsoft account: I switched my account to a local account and that seemed to mess up my Outlook app. I clicked Fix account, nothing happens. I try to sign in with Microsoft account in settings, a screen comes up and disappears immediately....
  8. Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to revert Microsoft Account back to a Local Account ("sign in with a local account...: So my little brother wanted to buy Minecraft for Windows 10. His computer was set up with a single local administrator account and remained local up to this point. The Store requires you to sign in to a Microsoft account to buy stuff, so I did that with his Microsoft account...
  9. Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch laptop sign in from MS account to Local Account questions: Hi, Ive just switched from signing in to my laptop with a Microsoft Account to signing in with a Local Account instead. My laptop was always listed as a Device on the opening screen along with a map showing its location when I looked in my Microsoft Account. Under Devices I...
  10. Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't sign into OneDrive after switching PC to local account: Hi everyone! I've been having some intermittent issues with OneDrive syncing just sort of crashing on me perdiocally throughout the day (and also refusing to save any selective sync settings that I set). One of the solutions I read about was unlinking and then relinking...