Windows 10: [Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead)....

Discus and support [Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead).... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I mean, it's not a big deal. Just a minor inconvenience... submitted by /u/Qu4dr44t [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Qu4dr44t, Mar 12, 2021.

1. [Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead)....

I mean, it's not a big deal. Just a minor inconvenience...

submitted by /u/Qu4dr44t
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Qu4dr44t, Mar 12, 2021
  2. BenWest2 Win User

Question mark on Portuguese (Brazil) ABNT Keyboard - Shift + Alt + W doesn't work

I can't type a question mark while using the Portuguese keyboard, though I can get most other symbols. Keyboard shortcuts that others have posted about (Shift + Alt + w) doesn't work on my logitech bluetooth keyboard on or my Lenovo.

BenWest2, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Shift + number keys not giving expected symbols

I have same problem, SHIFT/ALT 2, I guess. I'd still like a full list of key shortcuts, please.

"When I hold down the SHIFT and 2 key on my keyboard, it suppossed to make the @ sign right

It doesnt.. instead it makes this " (a paranthesis). Same with Shift and 3 keyboard, it makes a slash instead of the usual number sign.

Still, if I wanna make the at sign, I gotta hold down ALT and then key 2... see... @"

HollyMackenzie1, Mar 12, 2021
  4. [Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead)....

resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

[Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead)....

1. [Question] Alt+shift on your keyboard switches between symbols (e.g. @ becomes " instead).... - Similar Threads - Question Alt+shift keyboard

2. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  3. The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E is not working to input the Euro symbol: Hello, the keyboard was working perfectly when suddenly after a key combination, I suppose, which I haven't been able to figure out, the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + E or Alt Gr + E stopped working to input the Euro symbol.I know it's not the keyboard because I was using...
  4. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  5. When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages

When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages: When I press alt+shift right it does not switch between languages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-press-altshift-right-it-does-not-switch/7ac32f50-8075-4f43-8ba8-3ecba832f8ef
  6. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  7. Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt

Problems with Switching Language with Shift+Alt: In Settings i have confirmed many times that Shift+Alt is for switch between keyboards for other languages.and I have confirmed many times as well that extra keyboards are added.But from time to time the switch won't work.Instead it shows sth else and the keyboard remains the...
  8. I need to map Alt +(Shift) + Y to print these symbols ">" and "<"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to map Alt +(Shift) + Y to print these symbols ">" and "<": I have an ANSI keyboard however I type in German layout which is ISO-DE. No issues. I'm missing the shortcut for > and < which is usually between Shift and Z on a US style keyboard. That key is simply non-existent. My solution is to bind "<" to Alt + Y and ">" to Alt +...
  9. My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My keyboard is typing e or E instead of / and ?: Yesterday, some strange things happened to my keyboard that, whenever I tried to type either / or ? I was keep getting the e or E instead, and it's very annoying. I've tried to find some tutorials online on how to undo it back, but most of them are for the French "é" or "É"...
  10. shift+e and shift+/ (question mark) doesnt work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift+e and shift+/ (question mark) doesnt work: Hi, I have just noticed that pressing Shift+e does nothing. if i hold the shift and quickly press 'e' few times then I will get dialog 'sticky keys'. How can i solve this. I killed most of my apps and still have the problem :( here is all cobination of Shift+my keyboard:...