Windows 10: Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes

Discus and support Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone know if Windows is smart enough to recognize that a scheduled event has already run when the event is set for between 1:00 am and 2:00 am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by schmieg, Feb 17, 2019.

1. schmieg Win User

Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes

Does anyone know if Windows is smart enough to recognize that a scheduled event has already run when the event is set for between 1:00 am and 2:00 am on the fall date that the DST goes back to real time? I'm redoing some maintenance events and I need to know if some of them may run twice on that date. If so, I may need to get ceative with some batch files.

Thanks.

:)

schmieg, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Entegy Win User

DST messing up calendar appointment times

I'm sad to say the fixes are the usual as well: Ensure the source calendar is set to a proper default time zone, double-check your device's time zone and double-check the time zone on the event itself.

DST issues are extremely hard to diagnose because they happen only twice a year. Anecdotes are not data, but in my professional life whenever I'm diagnosing a DST issue it's because there's something set wrong on the device/calendar/event. My favourite DST
    issue was discovering the device's time zone was set to Pacific US & Canada when the user lived in Brisbane, Australia. Brisbane is in a state that does not do DST at all, yet the user never questioned why their events shifted by an hour twice a year. They
    just corrected their events. I set their device to the right time zone and that was the end of their time zone issues.

Entegy, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Question About Scheduled Optimisation

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the Methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your System
    Maintenance.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

And also ensure that the Task Scheduler service is running.

• Follow the steps to check the service.

• Press Windows + R, type Services.msc

• Select the Task scheduler service and restart the service and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes

Google calendar event times are shown as -1h

Having the same problem with Lumia 520. It has been doing this since the change from DST to non-DST time. If I add events before the change to non-DST time, everything is OK. If I add events after the change, they move one hour back.

Finally found someone reporting the same problem somewhere.

Have you achieved anything in trying to solve this problem? Thanks for information.

josefec---01, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes

1. Question as to Scheduled Events and DST Time Changes - Similar Threads - Question Scheduled Events

2. is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time - Cairo DST update: is the update change the time zone to be cairo GMT+3 or just change the time ,as i found the update change the time with out changing the time zone...
  3. Task Scheduler issue due to DST Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler issue due to DST Changes: We have hit an bug in Task Scheduler . The version of windows is : Windows Server 2016Problem:The task finishes within 5 seconds of getting triggered. The task does not perform the desired actions.However if the same task is triggered manually, the task runs...
  4. Task Scheduler issue due to DST Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler issue due to DST Changes: We have hit an bug in Task Scheduler . The version of windows is : Windows Server 2016Problem:The task finishes within 5 seconds of getting triggered. The task does not perform the desired actions.However if the same task is triggered manually, the task runs...
  5. Recent Mexico time zone & DST changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Mexico time zone & DST changes: Hello,On the evening of October 28, 2022, the Mexican government published a decree that cancelled the DST changes for the entire country, and moved the time zone for certain regions.The problem is that the decree took effect on October 30, at midnight.Adiós al horario de...
  6. Recent Mexico time zone & DST changes

Recent Mexico time zone & DST changes: Hello,On the evening of October 28, 2022, the Mexican government published a decree that cancelled the DST changes for the entire country, and moved the time zone for certain regions.The problem is that the decree took effect on October 30, at midnight.Adiós al horario de...
  7. Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes: This raised to be current/ongoing as the auto-locking of threads on quiescence, which not much cop when issue only going to recur every 6 months, has locked good original. See...
  8. Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes

Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes: This raised to be current/ongoing as the auto-locking of threads on quiescence, which not much cop when issue only going to recur every 6 months, has locked good original. See...
  9. Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes: We have hit an bug in Task Scheduler that seems to have surfaced between March 2021 and October 2021, The trigger for the issue is Daylight saving changes for the UK I guess Europe and may be other parts of the world and also there is some affect from the US DST change. I am...
  10. Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes

Task Scheduler failing after BST and DST changes: We have hit an bug in Task Scheduler that seems to have surfaced between March 2021 and October 2021, The trigger for the issue is Daylight saving changes for the UK I guess Europe and may be other parts of the world and also there is some affect from the US DST change. I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how does windows reacts to task scheduled that fall between time changes?

2. dst issue task scheduler

3. how does windows scheduler handle dst schedules