Windows 10: Question BSOD whilst gaming

Discus and support Question BSOD whilst gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi yesterday out of nowwhere i experienced two bsods whilst gaming and also today. The games were bf4 and Forza Horizon 4. My specs are below 8700k@... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pro4TLZZ, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Pro4TLZZ Win User

Question BSOD whilst gaming

Hi yesterday out of nowwhere i experienced two bsods whilst gaming and also today. The games were bf4 and Forza Horizon 4. My specs are below

8700k@ 4.7GHz all cores

3600mhz 16gb ram

Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+

650w seasonic psu

970 evo ssd + 4tb WD HDD

Windows 10 1809 and latest updates. I checked the bluescreen view and the errors seem to be the same. I changed the intel sata ahci controller to the builtin windows driver however this morning i also got the same bsod i reverted, Yesterday i also reinstalled the samsung ssd nvme driver. Also updated GPU driver yersterday. I ran sfc and it fixed a onedrive shortcut. The minidumps and big dump are here https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1ExNavDSlfqdmMNWhsXMA7ZSjuDOufS98

example of the dump in bluescreenview . Parameters are the same except for parameter 4. Also ran chkdsk yesterday and no disk errors on my OS drive where my games are. Also did Windows memory diagnostics yesterday

Question BSOD whilst gaming D-Tn442WwAE9bZi.png

:)

Pro4TLZZ, Jun 30, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Wabbit23 Win User
    Frequent BSOD whilst gaming

Hi all, I have been getting this BSOD whilst gaming very frequently and for quite some time now, and am finally at my wits end. Any help solving this would be very much appreciated. I had originally thought that the issue was with the Elan mousepad drivers, but updating them didn't help. The usual line is driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (ETD.sys).

Attachment 79865

Wabbit23, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

PC locksup & freezes whilst gaming

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Is the issue is with specific game or all game; Please specify in which game are you facing the issue?
    • From where exactly have you installed game e.g. Store or Browser?

Install game in Compatibility mode if you have installed game from browser and check if that helps.

Follow the steps below on how to install gamein compatibility mode:

1. Download the gamefrom the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the gameand select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the gameinstall and then check the functionality.

Hope you will be able to play all games without any performance issue. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Question BSOD whilst gaming - Similar Threads - Question BSOD whilst

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  5. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  6. Bsod whilst playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod whilst playing games: My PC BSODS Critical_Process_Died whilst playing gamesDMP: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDwxz1NoYMyg9ZG4F7mBgpYnQ9mqg?e=YYtKEsIf anyone could help it would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-whilst-playing-games/40ee6bf7-8bea-414b-bdf3-d44cdac5af69
  7. BSOD whilst gaming & streaming.

BSOD whilst gaming & streaming.: Hi, I had the dreaded BSOD tonight while playing Black Ops Cold War, my pc just locked up on me, I restarted and all was fine. I have also been having a issue where I would login to my pc and the screen would stay black with a mouse cursor, I can Alt + CTRL + Del and see the...
  8. Constant BSOD Whilst gaming

Constant BSOD Whilst gaming: Hi there, Hopefully you can help me, I'm currently getting alot of BSODs whilst gaming or watching Youtube. I've updated all the drivers that i know off and have memtested the ram and it seems OK. I've recently upgraded the PSU aswell to a EVGA 650W G2 as i thought my old...
  9. BSODs whilst gaming

BSODs whilst gaming: Hi, I've been getting a few bluescreens and generalh CTDs whilst gaming quite a lot. So far I've replaced the motherboard (though becuase the old one was a dud), replaced the power supply (also dud) and rolled back my graphics drivers to 355.98, I also used DDU to remove...
  10. Frequent BSOD whilst gaming

Frequent BSOD whilst gaming: Hi all, I have been getting this BSOD whilst gaming very frequently and for quite some time now, and am finally at my wits end. Any help solving this would be very much appreciated. I had originally thought that the issue was with the Elan mousepad drivers, but updating them...