Windows 10: QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?

Discus and support QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable? I ask for the following reasons: Portable Sandbox https://www.sandboxie.com/PortableSandbox The revised... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ab1kenobee, Jun 4, 2018.

1. QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?

Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?

I ask for the following reasons:

Portable Sandbox
    https://www.sandboxie.com/PortableSandbox

The revised layout of the sandbox that is introduced in version 2.80 allows for greater portability of the sandbox across computers. By redirecting programs to create sandboxed objects which have a nonspecific path, it is possible to populate a sandbox on one computer, then carry this sandbox to another computer and keep using it.

For example, consider installing a game program to a portable device such as a USB memory stick which is mounted as drive P. The game may install its files to a folder on drive P, but any menu shortcuts it creates will be installed in the Windows Start menu of the local computer, outside drive P. And any registry keys it creates will also be created in the Windows registry, also outside the USB device.

By contrast, if you set the container folder to drive P (for instance P:\Sandbox), then install the game into the (sandboxed) drive C, then all objects created by the installation will be redirected to drive P.

You can then carry the USB drive to another computer where Sandboxie is installed, and set the container folder on that other computer to drive P. Through the Sandboxie Start menu, you will see the menu shortcuts installed by the game, and when you start it, the game will find its settings as they were recorded in the sandboxed registry.

Note that Sandboxie itself is not portable software, but it facilitates the portability of a large number of applications.

I recently became a Sandboxie registered Licensee... but have not yet installed it... have contacted SandBoxie.com early today (Swiss time)... but not received a response yet.This Google Search yields portable results from many 3rd party websites... but nothing from Sandboxie.com.

I am hoping that @bo elam or @pyramid10 might also take a crack at this since I know from previous posts that they both have extensive experience with SandBoxie using it as their standard security protocol.

Thank you in advance for a prompt response.

~ Alan

:)

ab1kenobee, Jun 4, 2018
  2. comerjoe Win User

Sandboxie

Since changing to Microsoft 10, I am unable to use sandboxie. Any advice?

comerjoe, Jun 4, 2018
  3. can I sandbox windows 10 Edge?

I am running windows 10 with Edge browser. I would like to use Sandboxie but apparently Sandboxie does not have a program for Edge. Does anyone know if there is a sandbox for Edge or can someone suggest a REAL good anti virus program to get?

RossBuchanan_875, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable?

1. QUESTION: Can Sandboxie be installed as a portable? - Similar Threads - QUESTION Sandboxie installed

2. Sandboxie

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sandboxie: Why is Sandboxie working so bad on Windows 10 pro 64 bit?? If you sandbox a site then try to do another site it takes forever for the 2nd site to appear. Usually I just delete the 1st site and create another for the 2nd sight. What a pain!!! 156676
  3. Brave Portable Browser Question (copyrighted by CrazyMax)

in Browsers and Email
    Brave Portable Browser Question (copyrighted by CrazyMax): I downloaded the portable version from here: GitHub - portapps/brave-portable: Brave web browser portable for Windows I scanned the exe file with Bitdefender and Malwarebytes free. Both came up clean nevertheless I got that "Stranger App, Danger Warning." It appears that...
  4. Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Samsung T5 Portable SSD indexing question: I am trying to search the contents of my new T5 portable SSD drive using file explorer. I confirmed that the drive properties box "Allow files on this drive to have its contents in addition to file properties" is checked. I rebuilt the index including the entire SSD drive...
  5. Sandboxie and Microsoft

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sandboxie and Microsoft: To all users or potential users of Sandboxie - The current version does not allow a login to any Microsoft account. Attempt to do so will freeze the screen and need hitting the "X" button. The fixing of this problem seems very unlikely as Sandboxie is now going open...
  6. Portable Install Experiences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Portable Install Experiences: Anyone have any Portable Install Experiences with Windows 10. Was just reading this HTG article and was intrigued. Any input would be appreciated. I've done this a few times with Linux but not with Windows. I've read the article and think all my ducks are in a row, just...
  7. QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?

QUESTION: How to make any app PORTABLE?: Howdy, Members: Does anyone have experience creating PORTABLE APPS compliant with Win 10?... (so one need not be dependent upon PortableApps.com or any similar portable resources.) If YES... what recommendations can you make. Thank you in advance for prompt and detailed...
  8. Sandboxie

Sandboxie: I am running sandboxie in Windows 7 pro 64-bit. There is no sandboxie that I can find for Windows 10 64-bit. Have no idea what to replace it with. Some sites for supposedly sandboxie type programs come with ready made viruses.*Sad 2889
  9. Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???

Question: MiniTool Portable Partition Magic ???: Howdy, ALL: In the end... simply pursueing a data partition IMAGE COPY became so time consuming... I simply copied my DATA PARTITION FOLDERS to a 32 GB 3.0 USB stick... and pasted them to the DATA PARTITION on the new PowerSpec 1510 notebook. Not the fastest or most...
  10. Can I install Windows on my portable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I install Windows on my portable drive: I've recently been wanting to use my USB 3.0 portable drive. My idea was to use it to bring with me if I ever forgot my laptop, and boot into Windows 10 with all my files and applications on it. My hard drive has 1TB storage, so I doubt storage would be an issue. I do...