Windows 10: Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...

Discus and support Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I’ve been pondering the idea of going all the way back to using Windows XP when Windows 10 support ends on October 14, 2025 by ordering a refurbished... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by thomasseymour18901, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...

I’ve been pondering the idea of going all the way back to using Windows XP when Windows 10 support ends on October 14, 2025 by ordering a refurbished PC with XP on eBay or a similar site. Instead of taking that risky route to relive the 2000s, which was back when authority figures & family members had much more respect for my dream of mastering math and computer science than they do today, I’ll use all the chances I have to make Windows 11 look like Windows XP, and function with all the legacy features like CD/DVD tech on VLC.

:)

thomasseymour18901, Oct 21, 2021

2. Custom mouse cursor problems

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the system doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Is the issue specific to that custom mouse cursor?
    2. Are you able to see the normal cursor while using the Touchscreen?
    Ideally, when you use touch screen, mouse cursor will not be visible.

Reply with more information to help you further.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Cesare Win User
    Custom Cursors

@Hopachi

I use VirtualBox to test out cursors in virtual machines. Custom cursors works on any version of Windows such as Windows 95 all the way up to Windows 11. I also tried to make 8-bit cursors and they look jagged. However, you can make a jagged cursor set just for fun. You do not have to make it, but this is just a suggestion describing that it is possible to create jagged cursor sets.

Please go to the new thread on the ElevenForums and upload any cursor set that you want to make for Windows 11. Please bare in mind that Windows 11 is not finished yet, so it is still in the works. Microsoft will release Windows 11 early next year, but the later Windows 11 is released, the better this new operating system shall be.

When Windows 11 is officially released, we shall see if this new version of Windows includes new cursor roles. In the meantime, be as creative as you can. Enjoy my new Custom Cursors forum on the ElevenForums.com site.

Cesare, Oct 21, 2021
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...

How to make mouse cursor move in XP like Windows 7?

I switched back to Windows XP from Windows 7 recently for a few reasons, I'm having trouble with the mouse cursor though and find it doesn't move exactly the same as it does in Windows 7. It's a little hard to describe, but in Windows 7 I felt like it took less effort to move the cursor around and get it to stop where I want. Windows XP feels different to me, again it's difficult to describe. Am I crazy or does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, is there a way to make it more like Windows 7?

OrbitzXT, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...

1. Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?... - Similar Threads - Question still custom

2. Can you use a custom mouse cursor during kiosk mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you use a custom mouse cursor during kiosk mode?: I'm on a windows 10 machine and I created a custom mouse cursor that I've placed in the "Windows/Cursors" folder so whenever I restart my machine it now defaults to the custom one but now I'm testing the kiosk mode feature in windows 10 and when I go into kiosk mode the...
  3. Can you use a custom mouse cursor during kiosk mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you use a custom mouse cursor during kiosk mode?: I'm on a windows 10 machine and I created a custom mouse cursor that I've placed in the "Windows/Cursors" folder so whenever I restart my machine it now defaults to the custom one but now I'm testing the kiosk mode feature in windows 10 and when I go into kiosk mode the...
  4. Can you use a custom mouse cursor during kiosk mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Can you still use custom mouse cursors and other things from XP in Windows 11?...: I’ve been pondering the idea of going all the way back to using Windows XP when Windows 10 support ends on October 14, 2025 by ordering a refurbished PC with XP on eBay or a similar site. Instead of taking that risky route to relive the 2000s, which was back when authority...
  6. is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?: im wondering if i could possibly use a custom cursor and be safe? from rw designer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-use-a-custom-cursor-for-windows-10/658c063a-902b-4ea3-b1a4-4e182c0817be
  7. Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Drive use as a window 10 image can it be used for other things: My Window 10 laptop will require about 150 Gb to create and external image on a hard drive. My external drive is 2 TB. Will the image be in a folder and I can use the remaining space for other things?...
  8. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on: If I leave my pc for about 10 minutes, the mouse cursor will disappear and disconnect, however my mouse lights up when it's connected to a USB port and the light stays on, light goes off when I take it out of the USB port. I bought my keyboard and mouse in a set and the...
  9. Custom mouse cursor problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom mouse cursor problems: Hi, I've recently downloaded some custom mouse cursors from Open Cursor Library and once I applied them they looked great. But, as soon as I used the touchscreen the cursor disappeared and would not show up until I went back into the pointer settings and reapplied them with...
  10. SysprepAudit mode still not answering customization questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SysprepAudit mode still not answering customization questions: I am at a school and have 150 laptops to image. I use VMWare to create a virtual build of Windows 10 and I have put the virtual machine into audit mode per your instructions/tutorial. When I capture the image and deploy it to a laptop the customization questions still appear...