Windows 10: Question for the registry guru's

Discus and support Question for the registry guru's in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I gotta be honest here, I found a tutorial - but it was "juuuust" beyond my grasp and when working with the registry it can get hairy. Spent a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klepp0906, Oct 25, 2016.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Question for the registry guru's

I gotta be honest here, I found a tutorial - but it was "juuuust" beyond my grasp and when working with the registry it can get hairy. Spent a lot of time getting this pc set up and dont want to lose it all due to my OCD desire to "customize" this small tidbit.

I'm hoping someone can either provide a reg file (if its even possible in my case) or simplify this tutorial for me. How to add anything you want to Control Panel

as you can see, im trying to add an item to my control panel. This is my amd pc and as such I use radeon graphics. Nvidia affords you the option to not only remove their control panel from the context menu and tray, but also has no entry in the start menu and adds it to control panel on its own.

I'm trying to mimic that exact behavior. I've removed it from the tray. I've removed it from the context menu. Removing it from the start menu is easy but I cant at the moment lest I have no way to access it until I get it moved to my control panel.

Basically thats what I need help with *Sad

:)

klepp0906, Oct 25, 2016

2. Question for gurus

standard modem over bluetooth link is part of the ms bluetooth stack i think, so this will be used most of the time. if the device needed a specfic driver it would use the nokia one.

the driver will not affect performance.

if you have edge, i would ask the network about it.

sister_bliss, Oct 25, 2016
  3. yk_nb Win User
    Question for gurus

Can anybody give a reasonable explanation to the below phenomenon:

- I have a Nokia E61;

- I have a laptop with MS and WIDCOMM BT stacks;

- when I try to install "Nokia E61 Bluetooth modem" driver, this modem NEVER works, and the modem does not respond;

- but if I install something like Standard Modem over Bluetooth link, everything is fine - this modem responds, connects to the Internet, etc.

So, my question is: WHY?

Were Nokia people too clever to forget to make their own driver work? Or there is some other reason?

And what about performance? Does the usage of the generic driver instead of special one affect the performance of the device? Will EDGE work on Standard BT modem link?

yk_nb, Oct 25, 2016
  4. pepanee Win User

Check this advanced "God Mode" (as named by where I read this tutorial from. It practically gives you a link to a window with practically almost all the Control Panel items possibly as separate links. It's pretty cool, check it out):

1) Right Click Desktop -> New -> Shortcut

2) When the window pops up, paste this in there:
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

3) Press Next

4) Rename explorer.exe to: All Tasks
    (That's what I have for mines' name)

5) Press Finish

6) Open the shortcut up and check it out!

7) If those view settings aren't already set (best viewing experience). Right click inside the window:
              a) View -> Details
             ​ b) Sort by -> Name
             ​ c) Group by -> Application

pepanee, Oct 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Question for the registry guru's - Similar Threads - Question registry guru's

2. Registry question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  3. Registry question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Registry question: I was editing my registry specifically to change the path for my documents folder but later reverted the changes by importing a backup I made beforehand, but it said "not all data was successfully written to the registry" should I be worried, or not? Looking at the one thing...
  4. Registry question

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Calling All network Guru's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Calling All network Guru's: Here's the issue and it is baffling me.Ok Three Computers 2x Desktop and a laptop. All on same network well laptop is wireless. On all the computers I have completed all the network sharing type stuff, made sure the MacAfee firewall is good to share files etc and shared all...
  6. Registry Question

Registry Question: Missing file after last update ActiveX/COM Issue LocalServer32\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe -ToastNotifier HKCR\CLSID\{265b1075-d22b-41eb-bc97-87568f3e6dab} If I search for Speech_OneCore I see it installed under system32 directory...
  7. Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Guru Question on Laptop SATA Power: This is all going to be theory as all parts have been returned. I was tasked to repair a Dell Inspiron 15 5568 laptop with a dead short on motherboard. A replacement motherboard was sourced on eBay, Only one available. Upon fitting it had the same characteristics as the...
  8. Question about registry(virus?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about registry(virus?): Hi. I recently noticed a problem with the functionality of my computer. Often, the mouse cursor somewhere "escapes" or the processes shut down themselves. I tried reinstalling the system, I scanned the system with windows defender, eset, avira, malwarebytes and other...
  9. guru browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    guru browser: czy ktoś pomoże mi usunąć guru browser...? to cholerstwo nie chce zniknąć. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-protectwindows8_1/guru-browser/149a8738-ce12-4353-8c20-dcf4cceeb175
  10. Registry Question

Registry Question: Run "Regedit". Right click on the registry areas noted below. Select "Permissions..." and the "Advanced" button. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SECURITY Type - "Allow" for all Inherited from - "None" for all Principal - Access - Applies to SYSTEM - Full Control - This key and subkeys...