Windows 10: Question for VBOX users on Windows Hosts

Discus and support Question for VBOX users on Windows Hosts in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi folks As I dont use VBOX I'm curious in the answer to this question -- If the Windows user on the HOST logs out can VM's running on the Host still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Sep 19, 2020.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Question for VBOX users on Windows Hosts

Hi folks
    As I dont use VBOX I'm curious in the answer to this question -- If the Windows user on the HOST logs out can VM's running on the Host still be accessed by other (remote) users or are the VM's suspended.

I can visualise it would be fine tohave a VM running on its host without anybody logged in to the host -- in other words the GUEST VM could be running as some type of server --particularly good for LINUX VM's where you can have concurrent users. For a Windows Guest perhaps not so useful but still could be if you simply wanted to access the Guest from a remote / other computer via RDP or whatever.

VMWare did have a "Server" version built into its software but that's been removed recently

Note to avoid confusion - the main User on the Host is logged out -- not merely the screen in locked.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 19, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi folks
    As I don´t use VBOX I'm curious in the answer to this question -- If the Windows user on the HOST logs out can VM's running on the Host still be accessed by other (remote) users or are the VM's suspended.

I can visualise it would be fine tohave a VM running on its host without anybody logged in to the host -- in other words the GUEST VM could be running as some type of server --particularly good for LINUX VM's where you can have concurrent users. For a Windows Guest perhaps not so useful but still could be if you simply wanted to access the Guest from a remote / other computer via RDP or whatever.

VMWare did have a "Server" version built into its software but that's been removed recently

Note to avoid confusion - the main User on the Host is logged out -- not merely the screen in locked.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Question for VBOX users on Windows Hosts

Windows Script Host

Hi Vito,

System file corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are receiving script host errors in Windows 10. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Are you receiving the error while working on a specific task?
    • Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user account and see if the issue will occur while on a different user profile. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Type a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Question for VBOX users on Windows Hosts - Similar Threads - Question VBOX users

2. Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Issues Relating to VBox VirtualBox: I currently am using an HP ELITEX2 with a processor of "IntelR CoreTM M-5Y71 CPU @ 1.20 GHz 1.40 GHz" I have 8 GB ram, 7.88 GB is usable, my system type is "64-bit operating system, x64-based processor". I am using Windows 10 Pro version 1909. I am facing a difficulty in...
  3. User and Program question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User and Program question: Hello,I am writing to ask a weird question.I have 2 accounts on pc and they both can access same installed programs.But is there a way to create a 3rd user account but have it so it can have its own programs that cant be used by the other users?I need a way to install another...
  4. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB host controller question - multiple host controllers: Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a...
  5. Windows 95 VM Networking help [VBox]

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 95 VM Networking help [VBox]: Host: Windows 10 20h2 [Core i3 with 4GBs of ram] VM: Windows 95 OSR1 [Setted as Pentium with 128mb of ram] I can't install the network drivers, and Guest Additions. I need to else work the network, so I can pass files from my Host PC to my VM. Guest Additions throws me an...
  6. C:\users\temp.font driver host host and C:\users\UMFD-0.Font Driver Host ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:\users\temp.font driver host host and C:\users\UMFD-0.Font Driver Host ?: I have a couple machines generating new profile folders under C:\users every time someone logs in. C:\users ends up looking like this. C:\users\temp.font driver host host C:\users\temp.font driver host host 000 C:\users\temp.font driver host host 001 C:\users\temp.font...
  7. Host file for multiple users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Host file for multiple users: I have three users that are using same desktop. I am wondering if I block YouTube on host file will it blocked for the three users. Logically, the host file is placed inside the windows folder which means that file should be shared for all users. Am I right? Please let...
  8. question for windows 7 users?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    question for windows 7 users?: Hi, i was going to restore my pc to defaut or factory settings. but i notice it says requrie a disc that came with it. i don't remember if it came with teh disc or not. but its a asus laptop. is there another way to reboot it without the requrie disc? i already know how...
  9. User Question.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Question.: Hi, I have a query regarding how users are seen in W10. When I look in C\users there are the standard users, public, default and my user name but not my admin user name. When I look in the Task Manager there is my other admin user as set up with Microsoft which is what I...
  10. W10 on VBox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 on VBox: [img] Got a quick fix for that?Latest version of VBox installed... 2024