Windows 10: Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...

Discus and support Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All too often, I see my old desktop theme, picture password, etc. when I reset my Dell Inspiron 7558. Other users report this problem on Feedback Hub!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thomasseymour18901, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...

All too often, I see my old desktop theme, picture password, etc. when I reset my Dell Inspiron 7558. Other users report this problem on Feedback Hub! I hope 19H1 will be not only reliable with syncing my settings over all previous builds of Windows 10, but also more useful in terms of what it can sync on my personal Microsoft account. I still miss the option to sync my Start menu layout across devices. Maybe Microsoft will consider that for 19H2 or 20H1!

:)

thomasseymour18901, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Synced Theme

Try this:

1. Make sure you have all Integration Services for your Win10 VM turned on.
    2. Turn off theme syncing in the VM.
    3. On the host, save the theme for sharing.
    4. Drag & drop the theme to your VM desktop and click & install it.
    5. Now see if there are any differences.
    6. If there are still, it has to do with the virtual hardware.

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Cliff S Win User
    desktop themes syncing

*Thumbs

I learned in the very beginning of Win10, to turn off theme syncing,
    as my VM's, laptop and main desktop would have different themes depending on when the system was last booted,
    and the last time they sync'd.,
    The syncing was causing corruptions in current theme used.

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...

Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer...

1. Question: How can I be sure my desktop theme, picture password, etc. will sync to a newer... - Similar Threads - Question sure desktop

2. How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..: how do i stop it syncing **** i dont need from one machine to another.. i have about 5 windows machines and dont want my desktop gaming icons showing up on my 3d printing laptop etc. likewise i dont want virtual harddisk folders on my gaming machine. hiding icons doesnt work...
  3. How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i stop One Drive Syncing Desktop/pictures etc..: how do i stop it syncing **** i dont need from one machine to another.. i have about 5 windows machines and dont want my desktop gaming icons showing up on my 3d printing laptop etc. likewise i dont want virtual harddisk folders on my gaming machine. hiding icons doesnt work...
  4. Question: Did Microsoft remove the feature where my picture password's picture syncs with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Question: Did Microsoft remove the feature where my picture password's picture syncs with...: If they did, I'd very much appreciate it if they brought it back! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-did-microsoft-remove-the-feature-where-my/f59c61a2-727f-4eb7-b63a-9f77cda065ba
  5. Ms sync theme question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ms sync theme question: Not sure if this is the right place but here it is... I’m logged into my account with ms account and syncing is on In my add Data / local / windows / themes theirs my synced roamed themes and wallpapers I updated and replaced all the wallpapers and this folder is still...
  6. How can I keep my desktop picture from changing from a Themes slideshow?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I keep my desktop picture from changing from a Themes slideshow?: How can I keep my desktop picture from changing from a Themes slideshow? If I select "picture," I can't seem to use an individual Themes picture. It appears Themes run on slideshows only....
  7. how do i change the theme picture on desktop

how do i change the theme picture on desktop: how do i change the theme picture on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-theme-picture-on-desktop/4569ee04-f30a-4221-967f-c98ce49da6af
  8. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  9. how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background

how can I choose the Theme pictures for Desktop Background: In W-7, I could go to the "Change the visuals and sounds on your computer" and click the "Desktop Background" Slide Show. once there, I could check or uncheck the pictures I wanted. In W-10, when I click "Desktop Background", I get the "Background" "Preview" window. There's...
  10. desktop themes syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop themes syncing: Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive. As I did that something...