Windows 10: Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen

Discus and support Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Before version 1809, I deactivated Smart screen for Apps and files and Microsoft Store. I had Smart screen On only for Edge. By setting up Smart screen... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bo elam, Oct 5, 2018.

1. bo elam Win User

Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen

Before version 1809, I deactivated Smart screen for Apps and files and Microsoft Store. I had Smart screen On only for Edge. By setting up Smart screen this way, I rarely saw smartscreen.exe running in Task manager for more than a few seconds. Normally, when I saw it running it would be when I started the computer and after a few seconds, smartscreen.exe would close itself.

After updating to version 1809, I started noticing that now smartscreen.exe is running all the time.Trying to get rid of it, I now also disabled protection for Edge and expected that after doing so and rebooting, it would not run anymore but it is still running in Task manager.

I dont want smartscreen.exe running. Does anyone know how to solve this without doing anything drastic, or having to go through hoops to achieve what I want. Thanks.

Bo

:)

bo elam, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Mohan B P Win User

I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Oct 5, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen

Smart Screen

Thank you for responding. Based on the details that you have provided, we'd like to suggest another option for you to disable SmartScreen. Follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Open Windows Defender Security Center settings and go to
      App & browser control
    • From there, you will see the options available for Windows Defender SmartScreen.
    Hit us back with an update.

Regards.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen

1. Question. How to completely disable WD Smart screen - Similar Threads - Question completely disable

2. how to disable touchpad completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable touchpad completely: I have HP envy x360 convertible laptop and I am unable to turn off touchpad from the windows 10 settings. My mouse keep jumping around without even touching the device. There is only show setting for touchpad that is change sensitivity . It did help but did not fix my mouse...
  3. how to disable touchpad completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable touchpad completely: I have HP envy x360 convertible laptop and I am unable to turn off touchpad from the windows 10 settings. My mouse keep jumping around without even touching the device. There is only show setting for touchpad that is change sensitivity . It did help but did not fix my mouse...
  4. How to completely disable the idle screen. Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely disable the idle screen. Win 11: While streaming or idle the comp goes to the idle screen and or lock screen. I have set all to nvr, used gpedit.msp to disable lock screen, and it still does it. At random points also. I'll be designing something and it'll go to the idle screen in the middle of it, while I'm...
  5. How to completely disable the idle screen. Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable the idle screen. Win 11: While streaming or idle the comp goes to the idle screen and or lock screen. I have set all to nvr, used gpedit.msp to disable lock screen, and it still does it. At random points also. I'll be designing something and it'll go to the idle screen in the middle of it, while I'm...
  6. how to disable smart package tracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/9250af64-5db4-49d8-a486-9376ffd3c853
  7. privacy question about smart screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    privacy question about smart screen: Hello, Regarding Microsoft smart-screen I would like to know what information is being sent. to Microsoft from my computer exactly? at the web address "https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/ie10-win7-privacy-statement" it states: "When you use SmartScreen Filter to check...
  8. how to disable smart package tracking

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to disable smart package tracking: I have smart package tracking app in my address line and it opens automatically when I start my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-smart-package-tracking/b456e02e-5c04-466f-bfc0-3a8140ce9d39
  9. Question about WD and heuristics

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about WD and heuristics: A quick question. Does WD support heuristics/behavioural support? 100374
  10. How to disable Cortana completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Cortana completely?: How to disable Cortana completely? I have turn it off but its still in the task bar running. After end task, it will repop after few sec. 12421

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dissable w d smartscreen

2. how to disable wd

3. how to disable wd smartscreen

4. how to uninstall windows smartscreen,
  5. WD Smart screen