Windows 10: Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an...

Discus and support Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; No problem I'm just curious. I am an administrator on Windows 10. So why do administrators have to run programs (that need to be run by and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lia IDari, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Lia IDari Win User

Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an...

No problem I'm just curious. I am an administrator on Windows 10. So why do administrators have to run programs (that need to be run by and administrator) as an administrator? To me the logical thing would be that as a logged in administrator all programs would be run as an administrator.

Actually to me as a software tester....... I'd bug that.

:)

Lia IDari, Dec 21, 2018
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Dec 21, 2018
  3. 0x80070057 when trying to run Program Compatibility Troubleshooter in Windows 10

Hi Paul,

For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to get additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are the programs already installed on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're still trying to install the programs, we suggest changing the compatibility mode of the installers before installing the programs. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click AOL Desktop installer or Facebook Gameroom.
    • Select Properties.
    • Go to Compatibility tab.
    • Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    • Click the drop-down option and select any Windows previous version.
    • Check Run this program as an administrator.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Try to install the program using the installer.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an...

Problem with Apps that Running as Administrator

Hi,

Running programs as an administrator can be set checking the properties of the app it self. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? It is better if you could provide to us a screenshot.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an...

1. Question I'm curious about. I am an administrator so why do I have to run programs as an... - Similar Threads - Question I'm curious

2. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  3. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am just curious.: Asking the community of anything a question about anything brings back the old "you get what you paid" slogan to mind.I'm just curious. How much do the experts pay Microsoft so that they can hang out in the support area and "help" peopleall day?...
  4. I am just curious.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I am curious about modifying the registry with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am curious about modifying the registry with PowerShell: So, I have the objective of creating a script that modifies a value found in the registry, but I first need to;Learn how to reference items within the registry;What is a Directory called?What is an item found within a directory called?What is the value of an item within a...
  6. I am curious about modifying the registry with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am curious about modifying the registry with PowerShell: So, I have the objective of creating a script that modifies a value found in the registry, but I first need to;Learn how to reference items within the registry;What is a Directory called?What is an item found within a directory called?What is the value of an item within a...
  7. Administrator question Am I or aren't I?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator question Am I or aren't I?: I am trying to open a file and it says I do not have permission. I have turned UAC off and let the program through in windows defender firewall, still no luck. So I went to User Accounts and tried to do this... As soon as I click on Administrator it automatically greys out...
  8. Administrator question Am I or aren't I?

in Windows 10 Support
    Administrator question Am I or aren't I?: I am trying to open a file and it says I do not have permission. I have turned UAC off and let the program through in windows defender firewall, still no luck. So I went to User Accounts and tried to do this... As soon as I click on Administrator it automatically greys out...
  9. I am just curious about these.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am just curious about these.: I. Why did MS said to love Linux? In my opinion, they just said it to migrate to Linux to Windows because of WSL, and make them buy their products, than simply love open source. I used WSL, but things like Libre is slow, but MS office 2010 is faster. I have used other ones,...
  10. I'm curious about how to buy it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm curious about how to buy it.: Hi, I am a user who lives in Korea. I want to buy win10_mars. Tell me the specific methods and costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-curious-about-how-to-buy-it/2934bd08-9560-47a5-8de6-d2297a62d400"