Windows 10: question in relation to casting content to TV

Discus and support question in relation to casting content to TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by auroken, Apr 16, 2019 at 3:22 AM.

1. auroken Win User

question in relation to casting content to TV

Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided to ask if there was something a little better that will allow me more control, the main reason for casting is that my laptop speakers are pants and that its a pain disconnecting and reconnecting my connected external daily.

basically put if l cant get Audio Video Sharing working (l did try it, but it doesnt locate my files over the network just the folders) then casting is the only option l have since l can get the audio to go through my soundbar, but l really want to be able to have more control over the playing file without having to turn my TV into a monitor if that makes sense. any help would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

2. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

3. Casting Windows 10 desktop to TV using Chromecast

No problem. I think I've been doing exactly what you showed. However, I still can't get this to work. here is a description of the steps I take. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Turn on TV.
    2. Using COMCAST remote, press TV Input button until “Video 3 Chromecast” is shown.
    3. Power up Surface.
    4. Start Chrome browser. Homepage displays.
    5. Click the menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right of screen.
    6. Click Cast…
    7. Click Cast>Den TV
    8. Blue Cast icon is displayed at upper right.
    9. Click Sources.
    10. Select Cast Desktop. After this NOTHING happens. TV still display the Google homepage content.

Donald Eager, Apr 16, 2019 at 3:23 AM
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Thema:

1. question in relation to casting content to TV - Similar Threads - question relation casting

2. question in relation to casting content to TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    question in relation to casting content to TV: Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided...
  3. Cast computer screen on the TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cast computer screen on the TV: I want to play a game and watch Netflix at the same time so I’d like to find out how to cast my computer screen on the TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-computer-screen-on-the-tv/93ca4eb8-393b-46d4-a45b-6431f29e90ab
  4. Cast to TV stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV stopped working: So I have been able to cast to my samsung tv up until a few weeks ago where it won't connect. The TV will say "connecting to pc" but then it will lose that message, stay as it currently is and windows 10 will have the "connect to samsung tv" bar at the top of the screen but...
  5. question is related to cmd

question is related to cmd: many external commands are not running on my cmd. it says that " 'chkdsk' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."...
  6. cast to TV from Windows 10

cast to TV from Windows 10: how can i cast to my Toshiba smart tv https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cast-to-tv-from-windows-10/6d13ba79-7617-476e-9816-216de16652f5
  7. Will Casting laptop to tv burn image into tv?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Casting laptop to tv burn image into tv?: I knew this for a while but I came to an assumption that this only happens when you have it plugged in via HDMI but I want to know weather this can happen wirelessly or not. 113613
  8. Will Casting labtop to tv burn image into tv?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will Casting labtop to tv burn image into tv?: I knew this for a while but I came to an assumption that this only happens when you have it plugged in via HDMI but I want to know weather this can happen wirelessly or not. 113613
  9. Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast or Duplicate laptop screen on TV: Hello I want to either duplicate or cast my laptop screen to my tv. I have acer spin 3 with windows 10 and Vizio smartTV. I have cast on google Chrome, so from there I am able to cast to the TV. I have the cast button(link on right click), in Opera, but it does not work....
  10. "Cast to device" movie lags on TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Cast to device" movie lags on TV: Hi, i am using the "Cast to Device" option to play my movies on my TV. The problem is that when i play an mkv file the video lags and stutters. The same video plays fine on the same computer when i use the Samsung Allshare program to stream the video to the TV. Is...