Windows 10: question in relation to casting content to TV

Discus and support question in relation to casting content to TV in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by auroken, Apr 16, 2019.

1. auroken Win User

question in relation to casting content to TV

Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided to ask if there was something a little better that will allow me more control, the main reason for casting is that my laptop speakers are pants and that its a pain disconnecting and reconnecting my connected external daily.

basically put if l cant get Audio Video Sharing working (l did try it, but it doesnt locate my files over the network just the folders) then casting is the only option l have since l can get the audio to go through my soundbar, but l really want to be able to have more control over the playing file without having to turn my TV into a monitor if that makes sense. any help would be gratefully appreciated.

:)

auroken, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Casting Windows 10 desktop to TV using Chromecast

No problem. I think I've been doing exactly what you showed. However, I still can't get this to work. here is a description of the steps I take. Maybe you can see what I'm doing wrong.

1. Turn on TV.
    2. Using COMCAST remote, press TV Input button until “Video 3 Chromecast” is shown.
    3. Power up Surface.
    4. Start Chrome browser. Homepage displays.
    5. Click the menu icon (3 vertical dots) in the upper right of screen.
    6. Click Cast…
    7. Click Cast>Den TV
    8. Blue Cast icon is displayed at upper right.
    9. Click Sources.
    10. Select Cast Desktop. After this NOTHING happens. TV still display the Google homepage content.

Donald Eager, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Casting Photos to TV via Chromecast

Hi Donald,

Thank you for the reply.

Try the steps listed below to cast Desktop screen:

• Make sure the Chromecast is connected to the TV and both the devices are On.
    • Expand the Google Cast extension icon and select
      ‘Cast screen/window (experimental)’ option.
    • When prompted to cast entire screen,
      Accept and click on ‘Share’.
    • Open ‘Photos App’ to mirror photos on the PC.

You may search for an app that can cast your media to any
    Google Cast device on your favorite search engine, and install it from the Store.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

1. question in relation to casting content to TV - Similar Threads - question relation casting

2. Cast to tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to tv: I have this HP W11 laptop for awhile. My older W10 pc's will cast from pc to my tv..W11 will not play, but you use it like monitor...there a setting to be adjusted???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-tv/dda07ee8-5f4a-47f0-85a0-5f3530525781
  3. Cast to tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to tv: I have this HP W11 laptop for awhile. My older W10 pc's will cast from pc to my tv..W11 will not play, but you use it like monitor...there a setting to be adjusted???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cast-to-tv/dda07ee8-5f4a-47f0-85a0-5f3530525781
  4. Mirroring or Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mirroring or Casting to TV: When attempting to mirror to my tv. I keep getting a could not connect notification. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirroring-or-casting-to-tv/edf5fb69-f405-4dd1-bfaa-17dda8ec8eff
  5. Cast to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to TV: I have a Win10 and new Roku TV, both wired to the same network (which is a wireless network, but they're both wired). How do I cast media from Win10 to the TV? I do not understand the myriad directions I have found on the web. I have Win 10.0 Build 19041. 170859
  6. Cast to TV

Cast to TV: good day to all in this forum, My PC has a folder containing some MP_3 song: when I do press "cast to " I can select my TV connected thome WIFI and lestening to the song correctly. I am not able to send in the same way the songs that are located on a CD or DVD since the "...
  7. Casting to TV

Casting to TV: My TV is not visible as a device when I try to cast from my laptop My husband has an identical laptop & software, and is able to cast to the TV https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/casting-to-tv/a3c7d3e9-ddfa-4ad7-a34b-706ccb0b316d
  8. Cannot Cast to TV, Questionable casting VIA different software/hardwar

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot Cast to TV, Questionable casting VIA different software/hardwar: Currently trying to cast my desktop of anything to my Samsung TV. Details of hardware/software that I have tried with limited success, mostly failure Plex Playon Chrome Browser Connect VIA Windows 10 Steamlink Roku (mulitple) I have been able to cast to roku VIA playon, No...
  9. Casting to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Casting to TV: I see my TV Bluetooth and other devices but I can't connect to my Android TV, this has only happened since I reinstalled windows 10. I have tried everything that relates to connecting, the blue casting app in GC is showing blue...still nothing, so frustrating...
  10. question in relation to casting content to TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    question in relation to casting content to TV: Currently lm using media player mainly because its the only thing lve found so far, however after accidentally touching my mouse and ending up at the beginning of a file again unable to seek 40min in leaving me frustratingly having to watch most of the file again, lve decided...