Windows 10: [Question] Install already existing programs

Discus and support [Question] Install already existing programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello fellow Windows users. I have an SSD for Windows and an HDD for everything else. I reinstalled Windows and kept all the data on the HDD, of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/St1ckson, May 22, 2020.

1. [Question] Install already existing programs

Hello fellow Windows users.

I have an SSD for Windows and an HDD for everything else. I reinstalled Windows and kept all the data on the HDD, of course as intended all the registry entries got deleted but the programs on the HDD are all runable when opening the exes.

Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall all those programs without redownloading them?

I know that I could download the install wizards and choose the already existing paths but it is possible that some programs won't verify the already existing data and just redownload and overwrite them.

submitted by /u/St1ckson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/St1ckson, May 22, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, May 22, 2020
  3. hawkeyes46, May 22, 2020
  4. [Question] Install already existing programs

JohnthePilot, May 22, 2020
Thema:

[Question] Install already existing programs

1. [Question] Install already existing programs - Similar Threads - Question Install already

2. installing drivers without any already existing drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    installing drivers without any already existing drivers: so recently i tried to install some Nvidia driver for my GTX 850M my problem is that i cant get my hardware ID for my gpu because i cant detect it in my device manager, reason is no nvidia 850M drivers are installed, so how do i download drivers if i cant even find my gpu?...
  3. the specified account already exists

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    the specified account already exists: Receiving the subjected error while installing any new application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-account-already-exists/0ec62d29-1ebb-49bc-b9f7-6e85deace4ba
  4. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  5. Installing programs on a different drive question

in Windows 10 Support
    Installing programs on a different drive question: Hey guys! Now that I have a new laptop that has a 250Gb SSD and a 1T regular drive, I want to reinstall the software that I have in my old laptop and I don't want to install all of it on the SSD. How do I get the software on the larger drive? Thanks. 156232
  6. Existing Software Programs.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Existing Software Programs.: I had Windows 7 with ArcSsoft PhotoStudio6 in working order. When I upgraded to Windows 10, the PhotoSudio program was blocked by a dialogue box from ArcSoft requiring both my e-mail address and an activation code, which I don't have any more since I acquired the program...
  7. Cannot install Intel Driver and Support Assistant (The specified account already exists)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install Intel Driver and Support Assistant (The specified account already exists): Hi there, Trying to install Intel Driver and Support Assistant but I keep running into the same error: "The specified account already exists." I've tried using the Microsoft tool to find corrupt registry keys etc. but that didn't help my problem at all (link to fix I've...
  8. existing security program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    existing security program: How do I know if I should keep Norton or not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/existing-security-program/5c77d255-ab84-41e9-ab4b-9c77a22f066c"
  9. Mail app account already exists

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app account already exists: I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer at...
  10. Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a folder as Windows says it already exists: 1) In May I created a folder on my mothers computer called "2016 Pics." When I visited her this past week the folder and it's contents were missing. I did file/folder search for the folder with no luck. each time I try to make a new folder with this same name Windows says the...