Windows 10: Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

Discus and support Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I messed up with some settings on my windows 10 pc but I can't remember which ones and I would like to know if it is possible to revert back ALL my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bloodydamage, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

I messed up with some settings on my windows 10 pc but I can't remember which ones and I would like to know if it is possible to revert back ALL my settings to default but without deleting any files or programs

thank you!

submitted by /u/Bloodydamage
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bloodydamage, Mar 7, 2021

2. mouse settings revert to default

Hi,

A possible cause why your mouse settings revert to default could be an outdated mouse driver. We suggest that you download and install the latest mouse driver from the manufacturer's website and see if it helps. After ensuring that the correct driver is
    installed, check if the device is recognized in the Device Manager.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Tesston Win User

Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

Windows Theme always reverts to default

Hello guys I am encountering the same problem. What you have suggested is working but every time I restart or turn on my computer, it reverted the theme to "unsaved theme."

Tesston, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default?

1. Question! is it possible to revert ALL windows settings to default? - Similar Threads - Question possible revert

2. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  3. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor settings constantly reverting to default: Hi there. First-time poster. I just got a new laptop for work Dell Precision 5560 that is connected to two monitors Dell P2419H via two display port cables to a Dell Thunderbolt Dock WD19TBS. NVIDIA T1200.Under the display settings, I am able to add both screens to my set-up...
  4. Monitor settings constantly reverting to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Default Settings Question?.: Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the...
  6. Windows Update Default Settings Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Default Settings Question?.: Been having some internet speed problems since the latest update for Win 10 Home Edition and changed some settings trying to solve it. In the screen mentioned below Iset them all to off without writing down the default settings. Wondered if someone could kindly give me the...
  7. Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Text Settings Reverting To Default.: Following clean install I set the 'Icons' text to size 11 and bold. This was fine all day yesterday and through a few shutdowns and restarts. Today and those settings have reverted to default, but not only that, the options to change them back again are greyed out as can be...
  8. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...
  9. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...
  10. sound settings revert to defaults

in Windows 10 Support
    sound settings revert to defaults: I've set the audio settings and saved them SEVERAL times. I know how to do it correctly. Windows 10 will not save my settings. They revert to the defaults. When I select any of my saved schemes, every sound is the default. AARRGGHH!! *Mad 29207