Windows 10: [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?

Discus and support [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's not Windows-related, but I got downvoted for being a noob on r/techsupport, so I thought I'd try here. I Googled and YouTubed and I didn't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ecbusiness, Nov 28, 2019.

1. [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?

It's not Windows-related, but I got downvoted for being a noob on r/techsupport, so I thought I'd try here. I Googled and YouTubed and I didn't find any solutions (at least in my limited knowledge).

I only have one audio jack on my laptop. The symbol had a headphone with a microphone. But there's just one. My gaming headphoens (they're cheap China ones, so I don't know if they don't have software within them that shows up on taskbar > Volume > right click > Open Sound settings and Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound.

For the more Windows-related part, is there some sort of setting I can tweak or something so that I can skip getting a physical audio splitter?

submitted by /u/ecbusiness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ecbusiness, Nov 28, 2019
  2. ReeceU Win User

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally
    when I would plug the splitter in, a prompt would appear asking what type of device was just plugged in, options were headphones, speakers, microphone, headset, and one or two other options that I don't remember because I never used them. I would select "headset"
    and it would work just fine. Recently, something changed. This prompt no longer appears, and my computer no longer acknowledges the microphone on my headset, instead using the default internal microphone. The headphones still play audio like normal, but I
    have found no way to get the microphone working.

If I just plug the microphone chord into the audio jack, it still does not work, and the computer refuses to play audio.

So far I have tried:

• Uninstalling and re-installing the audio drivers (multiple times)
    • Updating windows
    • Running the audio troubleshooters (Both for playing audio and recording)
    • Checking for updates to Dolby
    • Scanning for hardware changes in device manager
    • Disabling the default microphone
    None of these have done anything.

I'm really at a loss here. I consider myself pretty computer savvy but nothing I've tried has gotten me anywhere.

ReeceU, Nov 28, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Video Editing Software

I'm gonna step out here and say that free suggestions, for a christmas gift, are not a good idea. OP wants to buy the kid as gift, not pawn off a free alternative he could do any day.

Please feel free to correct me if wrong, Asylum.

Oh, and Sony Vegas offers multi-stream editing, so say you have 3 camera angles, you can load them all up, and very easily switch between stream, while retaining audio from only one, or from all comeras...pretty good software, iMHO.

cadaveca, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

[QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

[QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters?

1. [QUESTION] Is there a software alternative to physical audio splitters? - Similar Threads - QUESTION software alternative

2. Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic and audio not working with the 3.5mm splitter: So as the title says. I plugged my mic (green 3.5mm plug) into the mic port and the red audio one into all of the audio ports. I am getting no sound. Everything driver related is fine as I've never had these issues before. They will not work together. If I plug the cord in...
  3. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter: I have installed a VWRHAR HDMI splitter to allow me to switch between PC and Amazon Firestick but when I do, there is video but no audio. Audio works fine when I switch back to the PC input through the splitter.Looking at sound settings when switched to PC the C32F392 Nvidia...
  4. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter: I have installed a VWRHAR HDMI splitter to allow me to switch between PC and Amazon Firestick but when I do, there is video but no audio. Audio works fine when I switch back to the PC input through the splitter.Looking at sound settings when switched to PC the C32F392 Nvidia...
  5. No Audio from Firestick on HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Alternative to teamviewer, is there a physical solution?: I recently used teamviewer to connect two laptop and to control the first laptop with the second one. It worked pretty well but I find teamviewer to be a little slow and laggy at times. Is there an alternative that provides a better speed? The two laptop are close by so a...
  7. Audio Splitter not working properly

Audio Splitter not working properly: I just bought a new audio splitter from amazon because my predator helios 300 has only 1 audio jack, I wanted to use a headphone and a separate mic, when I plug in the audio splitter it prompts me to select between the following Line in Mic in Headphone Speaker out Headset...
  8. WIndows 10 hdmi splitter question

WIndows 10 hdmi splitter question: Hello, I am running windows 10 pro on Acer TravelMate P238M. I would like to use two external monitors however it only has one hdmi port so I bought hdmi splitter 1x4. However when I connect the in and outs it again use only one external monitor and the other is saying "...
  9. Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working

Headset microphone (with audio splitter) not working: My Acer Predator (Helios 300) laptop has a singular audio port, which I use with my headset that has a separate microphone and headphone cable. I have used an audio splitter to get around this issue for a while now, and it has worked perfectly fine. Normally when I would plug...
  10. Question about HDCP when using splitter

Question about HDCP when using splitter: Hello guys, i am new to this forum and glad to be here. I am using an HDMI splitter on a desktop (running windows 10) in order to have 2 HDMI outputs, 1 for the display and 1 for a capture card. I know that there is the copyright protocol HDCP that prevents users from...