Windows 10: [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

Discus and support [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to have a desktop with all icons relating to video making, and a desktop related to gaming/everything else. Something that will save the layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OliHazer, Jul 16, 2020.

1. [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

I want to have a desktop with all icons relating to video making, and a desktop related to gaming/everything else. Something that will save the layout of icons.

submitted by /u/OliHazer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OliHazer, Jul 16, 2020

2. Desktop icon layout

I know there are threads on how to maintain icon layout position, but I find none of them to be adequate. Why can't Microsoft just add a simple feature to save and restore desktop icon positions? Or simply just not mess them all up in the first place? And
    no, unchecking the 'auto arrange' or 'Allow themes to change desktop icons' doesn't work. Just check the 'This PC' in the 'Desktop Icon Settings', apply, then remove it and your icon layout will be messed up. The User interface is one of the most important
    element of any software. The reason people put icons on the desktop is for ease and quick access to their favorite applications. Microsoft just don't seem to get that. It's something that's been bugging me ever since I started using Windows.

I would have liked to pick 'Incompetence' for 'Category', but it wasn't listed...

MathieuComeau, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Allow users to rename desktops

Just a suggestion to people who may be able to do something: In the new windows 10 update, Microsoft allowed you to have multiple desktops for doing different things at once, while staying organized. One nice touch to add would be to allow users to rename
    their desktops (one for GAMES, one for WORK, etc.) it's not a lifesaver but it would be useful for people who are not familiar with your layout or to keep even yourself a little more organized.

the tek guy, Jul 16, 2020
  4. AlphaUMi Win User

[Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

Icons Layout Backup

Hi! I wonder if there is a way or a program that allows to save the desktop icons positions and layout. I don't mean that I have an issue with icons not preserving their position after a reboot, I mean I would like to have a backup in order to restore my layout quickly, for example after restoring the icon cache ecc...

I remember that, in the XP times, there was a dll (well, two: one for saving and one for restoring). Any suggestion? [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and... :)

AlphaUMi, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

[Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and...

1. [Question] Is there an software that will allow me to save multiple desktop layouts and... - Similar Threads - Question software allow

2. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  3. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  4. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender or Fire Wall is causing my software to not allow me to save.: Hello, I was in the middle of working on a project for my business and the system had been working fine with Zbrush from 5am 1/29/24 till about 1:30 pm 1/29/24 when it unexpectedly came up with an error stating that the Anti-virus software was preventing me from saving my...
  6. IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IF I SCAN IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE: HELP! AFTER SCANNING THE DOCS. IT'S NOT ALLOWING ME TO SAVE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-scan-its-not-allowing-me-to-save/b03cd8c6-13d5-412e-b588-9af1469840c9
  7. save workspace/desktop layout

in Windows 10 Support
    save workspace/desktop layout: would be nice to open something and just have a lot of my productivity apps open the way I want them to on the desktop 126962
  8. Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving Multiple Desktop Layouts: I've created 5 "Desktop" screens setup for use between 3 monitors. For example: I have Chrome open in "Desktop 1" on Monitor 1. I have Microsoft Edge & Photoshop open on Monitor 2 on "Desktop 1". And lastly, on "Desktop 1" I have my Gmail inbox open on Monitor 3. Now...
  9. Saving multiple desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Saving multiple desktops: I set up 3 distinct desktops to manage some work. I moved copies of files, etc. Everything working fine. Shut PC down for the night. When I turned PC on the next day, all of the desktops were empty! How do I save Desktops 2, 3 etc??? 49043
  10. Multiple Desktop question

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Desktop question: I've been trying to do something with multiple desktops in 10 with no success. Is there a way - if you're using multiple monitors - to have different desktops displayed on different monitors at the same time? 20215