Windows 10: question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

Discus and support question: M.2 NVMe SSD options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my existing machine, I have a 1TB GEN3 M.2 NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 Pro), connect via a PCIe3 addon card. It works fine. Soon I will be upgrading my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gorlash, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Gorlash Win User

question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

On my existing machine, I have a 1TB GEN3 M.2 NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 Pro), connect via a PCIe3 addon card. It works fine.

Soon I will be upgrading my motherboard to a modern board with 2 built-n GEN4 M.2 slots. The new CPU will be AMD Ryzen 7 3800X.
    I'm considering getting two Gen4 M.2 cards, and keeping my PCIe3 addon SSD as well.
    Can I do this?? I've read a little bit about PCIe channels, but admittedly do not entirely understand it; will I have access conflicts if I try to keep the addon card with SSD ???

:)

Gorlash, Jan 31, 2021

2. about intel optane memory + NVMe™ M.2 SSD

nitially

intel optane memory M10(16,32,64gb)PCIe NVMe M.2 3.0x2 was for accelerating 2.5'SATA mechanical HDD regardless of which generation intel CPUs.

also note :

not talking about Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 with Solid State Storage (32gb+1tb, 32gb+512gb ,16gb+256gb)PCIe NVMe3.0x4 that comes as a single m.2 drive which is mounted on single m.2 slot

but now why

intel optane memory M15(16,32,64gb)(PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4)is-- paired with --PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSDs {which is mounted on two differnt m.2 slots on 7th ,8th and 9th gen intel CPUs}

what is the purpose

ex: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Intel® Optane™ memory 32 GB on (Intel® Core™ i7 9750H) seen from HPs Omen X 2S - 15 Gaming Laptop.

JelittThomas, Jan 31, 2021
  3. bobkn Win User
    Issue with upgrading to m.2 NVME, Help?

I've done what "ignatzsonic" has done, multiple times.

Image the existing SSD to another drive, which could be the internal HD or an external one. Use the imaging software to create a bootable USB rescue drive. Swap SSDs. Boot from the USB rescue drive, and restore the image to the new SSD. Use Disk Management to resize the main partition if the new SSD is larger than the old, and the imaging software didn't already do that.

Is the laptop in question the ASUS FX553VD? A little Web search suggests that it supports NVME M.2 SSDs, but I wish that I was certain. It worries me slightly that Crucial doesn't list any M.2 NVME SSD upgrades for it.

bobkn, Jan 31, 2021
  4. question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

Upgrading to new NVMe M.2 SSD, dropping dual boot option

Now, after working most of my time in Win 10, and having been able to upgrade all drivers and software

that didn't work in Windows 10 yet, that did work in Windows 7, I would finally like to drop Windows 7 entirely.

And since I'm upgrading to a faster nvme m.2 ssd, I would like to do the two steps in one go, if at all possible.

(But I would still like to have good recovery options. I've often been able to use the Win 7 boot option to fix

stuff for the Win 10 partition etc.)

jacksonchisenga1, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

1. question: M.2 NVMe SSD options - Similar Threads - question NVMe SSD

2. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  3. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow M.2 nvme ssd: Hi.I have Lexar NM620 M.2 2280 256GB SSD.Recently when I checked my ssd's read and write speed I noticed a significant performance drop. This is how it used to be a month ago :And this is how it is now :I mean these speeds are not even SATA ssd speeds. Could you help me with...
  4. Slow M.2 nvme ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade m.2 NVMe 256GB SSD to a larger m.2 NVMe SSD: I have an HP EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini PC and would like to change the boot WD_Black SN720 256GB NVMe m.2 SSD for a WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD.There are 2 NVMe M.2 slots and already have installed a WD_Black SN750 1TB NVMe Internal SSD in the second slot as a Data...
  6. question: M.2 NVMe SSD options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    question: M.2 NVMe SSD options: On my existing machine, I have a 1TB GEN3 M.2 NVMe SSD (Samsung 970 Pro), connect via a PCIe3 addon card. It works fine. Soon I will be upgrading my motherboard to a modern board with 2 built-n GEN4 M.2 slots. The new CPU will be AMD Ryzen 7 3800X. I'm considering getting...
  7. Upgrading laptop m.2 SSD with an NVMe drive and have a question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading laptop m.2 SSD with an NVMe drive and have a question: My HP laptop came with a 128GB m.2 SSD that is unfortunately running out of space. I am planning to replace it with a 512GB NVMe drive. I thought about trying to clone the current drive to the new one, but that seems like more work than I'm willing to put in. I'd rather just...
  8. NVMe M.2 SSD

NVMe M.2 SSD: Hello, I have the Asus Rog Rampage Extreme Omega motherboard, X299 chipset. Currently, I have the Samsung 970 Pro which is a PCIe 3.0x4. From what I understand my motherboard only supports up to PCIe3.0x4. I also understand that PCIe is backwards compatible. Therefore, if...
  9. m.2 ssd question

m.2 ssd question: My Asus Z 97-A motherboard socket says m.2(socket3) and my motherboard has the latest bios update. I was thinking about getting one of these if it will work? thanks! *Smile https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-970-E...4NJ2J?dchild=1 169774
  10. question regarding optimization of the m.2 nvme ssd's and power plans

question regarding optimization of the m.2 nvme ssd's and power plans: i recently got 970 evo plus 500gb version of samsung's m.2 nvme ssd, i would like to know how could i improve the performance, i already disabled hibernation, did a few tweaks such as disabling the system protection, disabling windows search from services, but i would like to...