Windows 10: Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in...

Discus and support Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have WIndows 10 Pro edition on my Dell laptop, Avira Antivirus and a few pieces of other software and todays I realized that some of my shortcuts is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karel O., Jun 28, 2020.

1. Karel O. Win User

Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in...

I have WIndows 10 Pro edition on my Dell laptop, Avira Antivirus and a few pieces of other software and todays I realized that some of my shortcuts is having green question mark at place of shortcut arrow. I dont like this question marks because it looks like my system doesnt recognise file. Otherwise everything is working.

:)

Karel O., Jun 28, 2020

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 two small curved arrows in lower left corner of desktop icons?

danyelstanga, Jun 28, 2020
  4. 03Z06 Win User

Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in...

Windows 10 two small curved arrows in lower left corner of desktop icons?

Most (not all) of desktop icons now have two small curved arrows in the lower left corner, although most shortcut icons still have a single arrow there. These new arrows popped up for .jpg, .pdf, Word and Excel files on the desktop. What happened and why?

Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in... f88280da-789e-4765-ae37-594e4716d7ae?upload=true.jpg

03Z06, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Question marks at place of shortcut arrow in bottom left corner of most of the icons in... - Similar Threads - Question marks place

2. What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these brown box icons in left bottom corner of my files??: Does anyone know where these small brown box icons came from and what they mean?? I suddenly have these little brown icons looks like a small file box on most of my files, Word, pdf, photos, etc. I've googled the daylights out of this and apparently lots of folks have the...
  3. Win10 Shortcut arrows The Sequel - Icons vanish after Check Marks???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Shortcut arrows The Sequel - Icons vanish after Check Marks???: URGENT UPDATEAfter posting the below, I decided to reboot thinking whatever the setting did in registry, it'd do again... instead I now have large black boxes in front of the icons that block them completely, but don't prevent me from clicking them.Before I do a system...
  4. Win10 Shortcut arrows The Sequel - Icons vanish after Check Marks???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Shortcut arrows The Sequel - Icons vanish after Check Marks???: URGENT UPDATEAfter posting the below, I decided to reboot thinking whatever the setting did in registry, it'd do again... instead I now have large black boxes in front of the icons that block them completely, but don't prevent me from clicking them.Before I do a system...
  5. taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner: Need help with taskbar icons disappeared on bottom left corner 164753
  6. Arrow next to language button in bottom left corner does not appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow next to language button in bottom left corner does not appear: Hello. Recently i have reinstalled my windows but when i wanted to close discord i couldnt see the arrow next to the language button in the bottom right corner so idk where it went here are pictures: https://imgur.com/a/TXNd8pH submitted by /u/Kiro551 [link] [comments]...
  7. "Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon

"Checkbox" on the left bottom corner on almost each app icon: So yeah, I want to know is there any way to remove those checkboxes away form app icon? to make my desktop look cleaner? Here is what i am talking about: [ATTACH]...
  8. bottom left corner icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE"

bottom left corner icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE": All of a sudden my Win 10 display looks a bit strange and down in the extreme bottom left corner is a icon that says "WIDE VIEWING ANGLE" I dont know how it got turned on but I want to go back to regular screen. HOW?...
  9. Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon

Blue arrows on the bottom left corner of file icon: I'm wondering what the blue arrows mean on my file icon. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-arrows-on-the-bottom-left-corner-of-file-icon/33a9c073-e1b9-448f-ab34-5fdc825e6c54
  10. File has a black box in bottom left-corner and two blue arrows on top-right corner on other...

File has a black box in bottom left-corner and two blue arrows on top-right corner on other...: I have two things that make me sick. One, there is a black box in the bottom left-corner of my Documents - Shortcut file. And two, there are two blue arrows on the top-right corner of some other files. I want to remove them, but how? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...