Windows 10: [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?

Discus and support [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I want to create a new MarkDown-File from a template via Windows Explorer “New” context menu. In order to do so I Created a template... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Masek_Kiel, Jun 27, 2020.

1. [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?

[Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10? Ye--x22WddjyrjBitPiGh4bAJ77ULE7do-_BINGNW1k.jpg

I want to create a new MarkDown-File from a template via Windows Explorer “New” context menu.

In order to do so I

• Created a template file in “C:\Windows\ShellNew\template.md”
    • Added a registry entry:

Screenshot Registry Editor

According to this information that should do the trick, but it does not (at least for me). Any hints someone?

submitted by /u/Masek_Kiel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Masek_Kiel, Jun 27, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Mi(h&e1 Win User

[Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?

Changing the file types available in the new menu item of the windows context menu

How do you alter the file types that are listed when you select 'New'
    from the Windows 10 context menu? New software installations add their file types and replace items that were already listed. For example I can create WinZip and Zipx files after installing WinZip, but I cannot create a new Visio file because it is no longer
    in the list.

Mi(h&e1, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

[Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10?

1. [Question] New MarkDown file from context menu with Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Question MarkDown file

2. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  3. Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create New RTF file missing from Context Menu: I have tried every registry hack I can find but Windows 11 ignores them completely. I was able to get "new text file" added back in, but "New RTF file" just won't come back. I'm so frustrated with this. I even made sure to associate all RTF files with WordPad instead of MS...
  4. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  5. "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "New Contact" is Missing From Context Menu: I am using the latest updated version of Windows 10 x64 Home OEM 21H2, and the "New Contact" item has vanished from the context menu. The only way I can create a new contact is to copy an existing one, rename it, and edit it appropriately. How can I remedy this situation?...
  6. Adding NEW file types to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding NEW file types to context menu: Hello, I would like to add file type .FC7 to my right click (context) NEW menu so I can open a new FastCad drawing in any folder. I found one link that showed how to do this, but it did not work for me. Basically it added a key under the HK_CLASSES_ROOT tree, adding a...
  7. Menu to create new file is gone from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu to create new file is gone from context menu: Hi, for whatever reason I am only able to create a new folder / shortcut and not a new file. Any idea how I might get the normal "new" menu back? [img] OS Version: 2004 OS Build 19041.208 155787
  8. Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Registry File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information .Reg files are registration entries that are text-based human-readable files for exporting and importing portions of the Registry. The New context menu allows users to quickly create new...
  9. Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Windows Batch File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 A .bat file is a batch file that consists of a series of commands to be executed by the command line interpreter, stored in a plain text file....
  10. Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add VBScript File to New Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A .vbs file is a VBScript (Visual Basic Script) file written in the VBScript scripting language that can be executed within Windows or Internet Explorer via the Windows-based script host...