Windows 10: question on apps and features

Discus and support question on apps and features in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi there i have a question regarding my windows laptop in the application and features settings window. i have listed all of my applications by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nezzar92, May 9, 2020.

1. nezzar92 Win User

question on apps and features

hi there

i have a question regarding my windows laptop

in the application and features settings window. i have listed all of my applications by installation date. all but one of the apps are installed after 26th april which is when i first used the laptop. the app shown as installed prior to 26/4/2020 is Realtek High Definition Audio Driver

why would an app be shown as being installed 9 months before i even owned the laptop please

question on apps and features [​IMG]

:)

nezzar92, May 9, 2020

2. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, May 9, 2020
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done question on apps and features :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. question on apps and features :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. question on apps and features - Similar Threads - question apps features

2. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  3. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about AppLocker features: I received a stopcode_died error message after setting msconfig to safe mode boot. I had changed some settings directly in applocker>packaged app rules, through the group policy manager as the owner of the computer workstation. What I want to know is what bootup and login...
  4. Question about AppLocker features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Programs and features question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs and features question: So i asked this question already but no one answers, so when you remove a software from programs and features is that all you need to do? I uninstalled razer cortex and razer synapse and it got removed but when i go to file explorer i still see folders of it? Is that normal...
  6. Programs and features question

Programs and features question: So i removed razer cortex and razer synapse from programs and features and i was wondering if that all i need to do to get rid of it? I went into my files and saw that there are still fules of razer in program files, program files86, and program data and i was wondering if...
  7. Feature update question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature update question: Hell, 1 year ago I installed Windows 10 Pro 1809 version. Right now I'm still receiving updates for it, like cumulative updates, updates for definitions of Windows Defender etc. I saw that there a newer releases, like 20h2. I know that when a newer release is out I should be...
  8. Questions about windows features

Questions about windows features: I have a few questions about windows features. What is ready boost and how does it work? What would happen if I have to replace the device that I am using for ready boost? Does windows warn me if a device I am using for ready boost is about to fail? Does windows warn me...
  9. Feature update security question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Feature update security question: Hello, I was wondering if running on an older feature update, say Windows 10 v1709 instead of v1803, poses a greater security risk. Patches otherwise are completely up to date, the machine has just not ran the feature update. Thanks!...
  10. Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings->System->Apps&Features->Manage Optional Features Question: I have a question, while I know that for foreign language keyboard input which is under Settings -> Time & Language -> Region & language, what is the purpose of the one under Settings -> System -> Apps & Features -> Manage Optional Features as it seems like you can add some...